Senior Scientist, Gene Therapy - Technical Development
Biogen IdecFull time Full day
Biogen's Pharmaceutical Operations & Technology Gene Therapy Department is searching for an individual to act as a technical leader for the Cell Line Development group. The candidate will be expected to collaborate with other groups within the Gene Therapy and Research Departments to drive innovation of new cell line technologies to produce AAV viral vectors. Success in this position will require the candidate to drive cell line engineering and implement novel molecular biology tools to improve Biogen's AAV production systems. This individual will also drive program development as needed to support future AAV products.
- Work collaboratively within the Cell Line Development group to drive innovation of new vector production technologies via plasmid vector design and genetic expression control. Targets for development include system productivity, product quality control and genetic stability in multiple production systems. Engages in internal collaborations with other Gene Therapy or Technical Development groups to achieve objectives and implement scientific advancements in the Gene Therapy field.
- Manage technical projects to ensure milestones and timelines are met. Openly communicate across functions and departments while maintaining good collaborative relationships.
- Provide technical expertise on topics pertaining to AAV production system development especially novel molecular biology or AAV systems biology and cell line engineering. Present findings and/or results to senior management, external stakeholders, and industry peers at conferences.
- Potential to manage a small team to execute cell line development and vector design activities or clinical gene therapy programs. Expected to provide scientific mentoring to their peers and potential direct reports.
This individual will drive technology innovation internally and help provide oversight of multiple projects as a subject matter expert. There will be opportunities to represent the Cell Line Development group on program -pecific multifunctional technical development teams
- 6+ years' experience in cell line development, cell culture development, and/or related areas.
- Expertise in vector construction, molecular biology, inducible systems, cell line generation, and screening techniques/systems.
- Knowledge and experience working with human and other mammalian cell systems.
- Experience with AAV biology or other viral vectors as well as vector design is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven track record of publications and presentations.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or other related science.
- M.S. degree with relevant industrial experience in Biopharmaceutical development may also be considered.
Biogen's Pharmaceutical Operations & Technology Gene Therapy Department is searching for an individual to act as a technical leader for the Cell Line Development group.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.