In vivo Scientist I/Scientist II, Neuromuscular and Muscle Disorders Research Unit
Biogen IdecFull time Full day
The successful candidate will have hands-on experience of preclinical models relevant to muscle diseases and the ability to utilize these models for target validation, mechanism of action studies, and general support for drug discovery projects. Ideal candidates have experience working with rodent models of muscle dystrophies, demonstrated by a track record of peer-reviewed publications.
The selected individual is expected to independently plan and execute experiments, rigorously analyze and interpret the results to achieve agreed upon objectives. The successful candidate will contribute to development of new lines of drug discovery research or new technologies in pursuit of department objectives.
- Hands-on experience working with rodent models including animal handling, compound dosing, stereotaxic surgeries and tissue harvesting
- Experience with immunostaining techniques (IHC, IF, ISH)
- Demonstrated track record of independent research and peer-reviewed publications in the broader field of muscle biology and disease
- Strong work ethic and ability to work collaboratively in order to achieve project goals
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, as well ability to work independently are essential
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred (not required):
- Experience in development of cell-based engraftment/transplant assays in skeletal muscle `for compound screening and/or target validation
Minimum requirements: PhD with 0-8 years of relevant academia/industry research experience
The Neuromuscular and Muscle Disorders Research Unit at Biogen is looking for a passionate PhD scientist who wants to take on the exciting challenge of developing novel therapies for muscle disorders. The candidate will be part of a larger team dedicated to exploring and developing new treatments for disease with high unmet medical needs. We are particularly interested in finding candidates who have previously worked with any animal model (rodent preferred) of muscle biology and/or disease (e.g. primary myopathies, muscle atrophy, etc.). At Biogen, we have access to a diverse array of therapeutic modalities, enabling scientists to tailor the best therapeutic strategy for a disease target.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.