2021 Corporate & Investment Bank Risk Management Summer Analyst Program
JPMorgan Chase & Co.Full time Full day
Come work with our industry experts to identify, assess and manage risk for our global businesses. You will work with people of all levels across the firm, develop a broad understanding of products and their risks, build your professional network, and develop your expertise in a diverse team environment.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. You'll have what you need to succeed – from training and mentorship from senior leaders to projects that engage all your skills.
What to expect
Understanding, mitigating and managing risk is at the forefront of how we do business, and critical to our current and future success. Risk managers help manage our financial reputations and regulatory performance, while working across the business to shape decisions, influence models and interface with regulators.
The nine-week summer program starts with a five day orientation and training session in New York. Expert instructors and J.P. Morgan professionals will teach you about our history, our products and the intellectual property that serve our clients. During training, you will learn skills that include valuation analysis, accounting, corporate finance, economics, equity capital markets, debt capital markets and risk analysis.
You'll build your technical and practical knowledge on-the-job with opportunities in one of the groups listed below:
- The Chief Investment Office, Treasury and Corporate (CTC) Risk Team is an independent risk function that manages the risk of the retained portfolio generated from the CTC businesses and includes Market Risk, Credit Risk, Reputational Risk, Country Risk, Principal Risk, and Model Risk. CTC Risk is also responsible for the independent risk management of Firmwide Liquidity Risk, Interest Rate Risk, and Capital Risk
- The Credit Risk Team works in partnership with areas of the Corporate and Investment Bank and is responsible for assessing client credit strength and approving and managing the firm's retained credit risk. This risk can relate to underwriting, lending and trading activities, including investment and non-investment grade syndicated loans, acquisition finance, derivatives, foreign exchange and other products.
- The Market Risk Team works in partnership with the Corporate and Investment Bank trading businesses to track market events, perform portfolio analysis and provide risk advisory for multiple asset classes, including FX, Rates, Equities, Credit, Securitized Products and Commodities retained by the firm.
Once on the desk, depending on your group, your responsibilities as a Summer Analyst may include: performing analysis/due diligence on a counterparty/product, monitoring risk sensitivities across individual counterparties and the portfolio as a whole, building financial models, contributing to analytical exercises in response to global events, preparing reports to outline recommendations to senior management and assisting in evaluating market moves that could cause losses to the firm.
You'll have the chance to:
- Learn about risk at a premier global investment bank
- Understand the role of integrity and transparency in dealing with regulators, clients and business partners
- Work collaboratively across the entire organization to find and solve problems before they grow
- Come up with innovative ways to solve challenges and answer queries
- Work on complex problems that require creative solutions
- Manage relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders to minimize risks and follow laws in various locations
If you're highly-motivated and enjoy working in teams to come up with smart solutions, this is the role for you. Key skills include:
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong initiative, energy and confidence
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Fluency in English
- Coursework in finance or economics a plus
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
- Attend college/university in the U.S.
- Expected graduation date of December 2021 – Spring 2022
- Minimum preferred cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
At JPMorgan Chase, we're creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you're passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we're looking for you.
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your resume. Your application and resume is a way for us to initially get to know you, so it's important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
To get started, enter your email address. Your email address will be used to create and maintain your profile. If you are a current JPMC employee, use your JPMC email address to apply for jobs internally. Do not use an email address with ".edu" extension as doing so could result in delays receiving updates regarding your candidacy.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
If you are advanced to the next step of the process, you'll receive an email invitation to complete a series of 12 games through the pymetrics platform. pymetrics will allow you to showcase your potential beyond what you tell us in your resume and application form. It's an additional data point that helps us gain a better understanding of who you are as an individual. It should take no longer than 25-35 minutes to complete. If you have already completed the pymetrics games, you will have the opportunity to submit your gameplay results for this specific application without having to replay the games.
Following completion of pymetrics, you'll receive another email invitation to complete a video interview, powered by HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
Both pymetrics and HireVue are required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed them. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2020 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.