Analyst, Global Allocation and Fleet Operations
Tesla MotorsFull time Full day
Our Allocation & Fleet Operations team is responsible for the optimization of our operating fleet (hundreds of millions of dollars of vehicle assets globally). Determining the best strategies to ensure that our Fleet is most appropriately allocated directly impacts our ability to achieve Sales and Delivery goals while providing an incredible customer experience.
In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to the financial reporting, internal control, system development and global consolidation of metrics associated with the finished goods inventory at one of the world's most exciting companies. You will contribute to allocation strategies that help optimize working capital and ensure our vehicle assets are utilized and cycled in the most effective manner to generate sales and preserve margin.
We are looking for a candidate who can deliver results and find ways to raise the bar every day. The successful candidate is technically strong, relentlessly drives out inefficiencies in everything they do, is innovative and can communicate complex financial topics in an accessible format. You will be part of a collaborative team operating in a fast paced, evolving environment.
This role is based Fremont, California.
- Provide accurate and insightful analysis and reporting of regional stock balances based on aligned criteria and metrics. Present data in a clear format for presentations and regular KPI reviews.
- Monitor business activities and prepare high quality finished goods inventory analysis and summaries for senior management and external auditors.
- Collaborate with our Fleet Coordinators to help manage the allocation and cycle timing of our Operating Fleet of test drive, display and service loaner vehicles.
- Participate in quarterly Fleet cycle strategies, helping to operationalize releasing vehicles for sale based on age or other aligned metrics in order to generate incremental margin.
- Create and maintain reports and tools that display Global Inventory and Fleet balances for internal stakeholders. Create ad-hoc analysis, reports and dashboards as business needs arise.
- Manage our insurance subrogation process that recovers funds for damages of Tesla owned vehicles inclusive of reporting, PO creation and vendor relationship management.
- Partner with Demand Planning & Logistics to ensure supply meets market needs and arrives in an efficient & timely manner.
- Develop SQL queries to surface insights. Ensure reliability of all dashboards and queries as processes and priorities change.
- Responsible for managing Tesla's aging inventory balances to proactively reduce this cohort and improve vehicle dwell. As such you will be responsible for coordinating global vehicle releases, reassignments or rectifications.
- Work cross-functionally with teams throughout the organization (i.e. Service, Logistics, and Business Resolutions) to coordinate the return of internally assigned vehicles to sellable status.
- Responsibility for importing and maintain data within our internal systems.
- Participate in department projects to improve systems or efficiencies.
- Assist with periodic physical inventory Fleet Audits and special projects as needed.
- Responsible for enabling sales by assortment planning and listing new and used titled vehicles to the Internal Inventory Brochure and external website. Responsible for analysis and reporting of brochure vehicle balances to ensure the highest sell through of inventory vehicles, minimize pricing or other errors as well as provide visibility to sales and finance leadership.
- Minimum 5 years related work in accounting, retail planning, finance or other decision-driving analytical role.
- Strong quantitative critical thinking skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and retail math concepts.
- Aptitude to quickly learn new systems/technical applications. Experience with business intelligence software (Tableau, Power BI, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to form solid relationships cross-functionally.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on demand despite changes in work scope or focus.
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Ability to clearly document and communicate complex inventory reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Open-minded, collaborative and team-oriented attitude with the ability to think outside the box for solutions to complex challenges.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or a numbers oriented field, while not required, is a plus.