Principal Nuclear SuretyEngineer
Torch Technologies, Inc.Full time Full day
Torch is currently seeking experienced professionals (engineers) for the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center at Hill Air Force Base-Ogden, Utah. This will be supporting the Integration Support Contract (ISC) 2.0. Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon systems.
Torch is seeking Electrical Engineers at all levels of experience in support of the Ground-based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Enterprise.
- Conducts technical nuclear surety analyses, nuclear certification assessments, and risk & vulnerability analyses
- Performs evaluations of the design, operation of electrical, mechanical, nuclear command & control, software, and communications subsystems
- Supports IPTs in the development of their designs to ensure compliance with nuclear surety standards
- Draft and review changes to documentation and process change requests
- Deliver engineering data in support of plans, certifications, and technical memos
- Prepare briefing materials and white papers
- Ensures system architecture meets nuclear surety requirements
- Supports Nuclear Surety WGs and present technical results of the analysis to internal and external customers
- Presents technical material to the Nuclear Surety Working Group and other AF review boards
- Ensures Nuclear Safety Design Certification compliance including weapon system specifications, weapon system architecture, and compliance documents (AFIs and AFMANs) with integration into Model Based System Engineering environment to produce required artifacts for Nuclear Certification in accordance with AFI 63-125.
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or related field + 15-19 years of experience;
- MS degree + 13 years of experience;
- PHD + 9 years of experience
- Relevant core and advanced certifications as established/required per local, national and international industry standards or as necessitated by performance expectations associated with level of appointment
- Systems Engineering Experience and/or Certification
- Experience with DoD, AF Nuclear Surety policy & processes or equivalent NNSA nuclear safety policy & processes
- Understanding of the DoD Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Knowledge related to application of nuclear safety and nuclear security techniques
- Experience with Air Force nuclear weapon systems, ICBM experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of AFI 63-125, Nuclear Certification Program
- Knowledge and understanding of 91 Series AFIs and AFMANs
- Principal skill set includes ability to perform all stated/implied duties within this tier and those reasonably derived from preceding tier
- Ability to obtain a U.S. DOD Security Clearance up to the Top-Secret level if required.
A 100 percent employee owned growing small business, Torch Technologies, Inc., provides quality technical services at competitive costs, all while maintaining ethical business practices. We are leaders in research, development, engineering, planning, execution, performance analysis, design, and reporting in the following areas: research and development; system engineering; modeling and simulation; test and evaluation; advanced technologies; manned and unmanned aircraft systems; information assurance; computer network defense; and information technology.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://torchtechnologies.hua.hrsmart.com/ats as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your interest in Torch Technologies.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.