Senior Data Scientist, Analytics
EtsyFull time Full day
As an Etsy employee, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and make an impact in the lives of millions. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion, team culture and the spaces where we work all reflect our mission to keep commerce human
The Product Analytics team is charged with driving the success of product efforts at Etsy by providing actionable insights, industry-leading measurement techniques, and access to the metrics, data, and tools needed for decision-making. We partner with cross-functional peers through all stages of development: identifying initial opportunities, refining the user experience, analyzing the impact of our efforts, and highlighting improvement areas. Ultimately, the team’s work strengthens Etsy and helps continuously improve the Etsy experience!
Learning new skills and techniques is not only a requirement but a perk of the job! We are always looking for opportunities to grow. Our mission is to guide product with data-driven insights, telling the story of how we improve the experience for our users to teams, to senior management, and to the community.
This role is located in our Brooklyn, NY and is part of our Analytics and Strategic Finance team.
About the role:
- You will partner with our Seller-focused Product team to achieve results-oriented goals around seller growth and quality
- Play a meaningful role in deciding how we can best engage and grow Etsy users through analysis of behavioral and transactional data
- Design and analyze rigorous experiments, help teams set great hypotheses, and deliver robust analysis of experiment results
- Transform raw data into meaningful and impactful analysis characterized by strong data governance, technique transparency, and clear documentation
- Raise the skill level of the entire analytics team through the creation of outstanding work, mentorship, and the introduction of better practices, processes, and tools
- 4 plus years experience as a data scientist or data analyst in which you have extracted meaning from large data sets with little engineering support
- Guided product teams to identify high-impact opportunities, set meaningful goals against key outcomes, and driven decisions
- Mastery of SQL, and experience with R/Python and other scripting/automation techniques; bonus points for experience with the Hadoop ecosystem and Looker, Tableau, or other data visualization software
- You love trying new analytical approaches to answer nuanced questions and advance your skill set is important to you.
- You are an expert in sophisticated analyses and regularly use statistical methods in your work.
- Deep understanding of experimentation theory and practice
- You distill highly complex problems into narratives that are concise, actionable, and memorable, and express your recommendations with both conviction and finesse
- Passionate about reproducible work and have picked up tools to this end
- Acted as a mentor, guiding others to make their own work better and more efficient
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment
While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.