District Resources Manager
US Government Other Agencies and Independent OrganizationsFull time Full day
This announcement is open to current Career or Career-Conditional EEOC employees.
As a District Resources Manager at the GS-0301-12, you will be part of CHARLOTTE DIST OFFICE, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. If selected, you will be responsible for assisting in managing the administrative resources and requirements of the District and its subsidiary offices. Incumbent assists management in select long range management planning, human capital planning, and resource analysis activities.
Learn more about this agency
- Assists the District Director in planning and conducting various administrative and resource-related management functions as they pertain to an assigned District encompassing a multi-state region.
- Coordinates, collaborates, and ensures the effective integration of administrative processing throughout the District.
- Identifies systemic problems, overarching issues, general misunderstandings and trends, and possible solutions.
- Recommends the need for and assists in developing internal District policies, rules, procedures, and practices for District-wide administrative functions in accordance with agency directives and orders, and other guidelines.
- Provides information on administrative issues that require attention and develops recommended solutions for consideration and implementation.
- Assists in preparing for and making select briefings or presentations at formal meetings, off-sites, etc.
- Assists the District Director in resolving identified problems or achieving greater consistency in program operations.
- Prepares analyses for the District Director concerning resources, space, equipment, or other administrative areas as requested.
- Prepares human resource metrics and measures for the District and briefs senior managers on identified findings.
- Works with the District senior staff to help implement District-wide outreach and training.
- Works to establish new relationships and partnerships that might yield greater understanding of the Federal government, the EEOC program, and the Federal sector as a viable employment source.
- Serves as a first-line supervisor for select staff members performing administrative functions for the District, ranging in grades from GS-04 through GS-12, and manages assigned contract personnel.
- Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
For the GS-12: Experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower GS-11 grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
You must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience comparable to the GS-11 level in the federal service in a position managing, supervising, or administering administrative functions in two or more of the following areas: budget, human capital, information technology, project planning.
Merit promotion applicants must meet time-in-grade requirement as defined in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F. One (1) year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS- 12 level.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is NO education equivalent substitution for specialized experience at the GS-12 grade level for this position.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.