Assistant Center Store Manager- Hannaford
Delhaize AmericaFull time Full day
Job Title: Assistant Center Store Manager- Hannaford
This position is Full Time 40 hours per week with benefits packages available. Open availability preferred including early mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and the occasional overnight as needed. This position closes 6/7/2020.
Supervise all duties and responsibilities of the Center store associates in the absence of Center Store Manager. Effectively assist in the management of all Center Store operations and to meet financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for supporting management of all aspects of Center Store operations as delegated by the Center Store Manager.
- Effectively lead all Center store associates.
- Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customers' expectations.
- Assist in growing sales through effective merchandising strategies.
- Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associates' personal needs.
- Conduct associate performance appraisals as directed.
- Maintain current knowledge of and adhere to all of the standard practices in the Center Store Standard Practices Manual.
- Ensure that department conditions involving department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level.
- Understand and use company tools such as; financial reports, scheduling, productivity, ordering, and business information systems.
- Receive, store, process and merchandise all products in accordance with established department guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records of production, shrink, sales, and inventory.
- Cut, mark and stock product, as required.
- Assist in communicating department and company policies to associates.
- Perform various department functions as needed to meet production and customer service guidelines.
- Treat all store information as strictly confidential.
- Assist in special projects.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations. Requirements Qualifications:
A high school graduate or equivalent preferred. Understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques. Effective communication , customer service, and selling skills. Associate must have effective interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to lead and supervise a team , demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements including, successful completion of the forklift and power jack training and strong problem solving skills. Associate must meet minimum age requirements.
Lift up to 20 lbs. regularly, including overhead lifting, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally. Push/pull up to 40 lbs. regularly.
Meet established volume/activity standards.
Stand or walk 100% of the time.
Frequent reaching, grasping and lifting individual stock items below waist level or above shoulder level.
Frequent bending, kneeling and squatting.
Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials and food products.
Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
Ability to use computers, calculators and communication systems required to perform the job functions. Apply On-line
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.