Underground Operations Supervisor
Barrick Gold CorporationFull time Full day
Nevada Gold Mines is looking for an Underground Operations Supervisor to join our team.
Reporting to the Underground Operations General Supervisor, the Underground Operations Supervisor, is responsible for the following:
- Ensure that service crews align with and continuously improve site environmental, health, safety, and loss control systems
- Promote a culture of fair relationships with production, development, support, and maintenance crews
- Achieve production goals within cost budgets in conjunction with support, maintenance, and technical services
- Ensure that training and continuous improvement are integrated into service processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five (5) years underground mining experience with progressively increasing responsibilities preferred
- Three (3) years' experience in a supervisory or lead role required
- Sound understanding and proven track record with underground safety and environmental issues required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent safety and attendance record required
- Demonstrated capacity to execute and hold self and others accountable for results required
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
About Nevada Gold Mines
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.