IT Support Specialist II
Perry HomesFull time Full day
Summary of Position
This position supports both local and field users, including those in corporate, sales and construction offices. This position requires the deployment, replacement, repair and troubleshooting of windows desktops and notebooks and other mobile devices such as cell phones, tablets, and Apple iPads. The position also involves troubleshooting printers, copiers, scanners, IP phones, projectors, mobile devices and other networking equipment as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide corporate, sales and construction users with technical support on-site, at both General Office and remote locations over the phone, via email, or by utilization of remote assistance tools.
- Provide technical support for internet and network related issues; troubleshoot and report outages to internet service providers while staying in communication with the Helpdesk group with the objective of prompt service recovery.
- Provide technical support for Windows, Mac, and other mobile operating systems such as iPhone, Android, and Windows Mobile.
- Provide technical support for Skype for Business phones and Microsoft Lync Client and provide the users with basic user operation of the device.
- Set up computers for deployment by use of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and other company approved configuration checklists.
- Perform computer repairs, correct printing and scanning issues, and address network outages with critical deadlines.
- Provide technical support for in-house applications and services as well as other industry leading software programs such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Lync Client, AutoCAD, Architecture, 3ds MAX, Civil 3D, VisionREZ, Buzzsaw, Design Review, Adobe Creative Suite, BlueBeam PDF Editor, Xerox AccXes Tools, RePLOT, SharePoint services, OneDrive, and Office 365.
- Participate and assist in hardware and software rollout projects. Hardware and software rollout involves planning and coordination with the rest of the Helpdesk group. Hardware and software rollouts are preferably to be done with little or no downtime to the users.
- Assess severity of network problems and communicate to the Helpdesk group and management as necessary.
- Provide new hires with basic introduction to hardware and software. Assist users to familiarize themselves with network resources.
- Assist with auditing and managing of computer equipment and other network related infrastructure such as routers, switches, internet lines, and wireless cards.
- Responsible for completing and following through with a list of assigned tasks and projects within specified timelines.
- Ability to work independently when necessary but able to collaborate with the Helpdesk team.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associates Degree in IT related field preferred.
- Requires 3-5 years of relevant support role experience.
- Understanding of IT Helpdesk practices with strong emphasis on customer service.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, software, repairs and basic networking.
- Understanding of network wiring and small office network configurations.
- Experience working with Active Directory managing user accounts and access.
- Support experience with Autodesk products such as AutoCAD, Civil 3d, and 3ds MAX.
- Support experience of Adobe products such as Creative Suite, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Support experience setting up and troubleshooting HP, Xerox, and Sharp copiers.
- Must have immediate availability to communicate when required by the company via employee-provided technology that is compatible with company systems and using data access supplied by the employee. (No reimbursement is provided for employee's choice of technology or for employee's data usage).
- Current, valid Driver's License and reliable transportation.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate with others effectively, both orally and in writing, in a professional and competent manner.
- Demonstrated computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, to compute percentages, and to perform basic algebra and geometry.
- Demonstrated organization and time management, which includes the ability to multi-task and run multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining thoroughness and precision.
- A team-oriented, proactive and adaptable work ethic.
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 5 full workdays each week from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and such other hours as the Company determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- This position also requires periodically being available to support local and field users after hours, weekends ("on call") and Holidays. The employee may be "on call" an average of one week per month.
- While "on call", the employee will need to answer telephone calls from the Company's computer users to the Company's Helpdesk line, which the employee will forward to his or her personal phone line. Generally speaking, the employee should return any missed calls within one hour if possible. The employee will be free to engage in personal activities while "on call." The employee will not need to answer calls between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- The employee will exercise discretion to determine the appropriate response and urgency of the user's request. If the employee is unable to resolve the user's request over the phone, the employee will establish with the user an appropriate response time frame. If the employee is unable to meet the user's schedule, the employee should call other employees in the IT department for assistance in responding to the request for help.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.