Regional HSE Generalist (Manager) - Cambridge, MA
Novartis PharmaceuticalsFull time Full day
That's the number of associates whose lives we touch and improve. Join us in our mission to protect our people, patients and planet. As part of the Novartis Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team, this is a new role waiting for you to make change happen.
In alignment with Novartis company strategy to 'Embrace Operational Excellence' and the Novartis Business Services – Real Estate & Facility Services (NBS - REFS) strategy, you will facilitate the implementation of the Global HSE Strategy by providing technical expertise and guidance to regional and site management in all Novartis organizations in the Americas region.
This includes overseeing HSE support, programs, and initiatives in Americas region as well as providing global coordination on various HSE topics and programs/Biosafety/Radiation Safety/ Environment/ Technical Safety/PiE & Waste Water/Process Safety management.
More specifically, as a HSE Generalist (Manager), you will be involved in these areas:
- Coordinates the implementation of the Global HSE Strategy in Americas region
- Ensures implementation of an effective and efficient HSE management system within the Region
- Provides direction for HSE programs Acts as subject matter expert on various HSE topics as listed above
- Develops global systems and tools for leaders and HSE managers on site Advises the Regional HSE Team on local context and potential HSE challenges and opportunities
- Leverages subject matter experts and other generalists to deliver the required result, and quality of support Influences associates within the Region to embed HSE in the Novartis culture
- Establishes a strong and effective network and connection with on-site HSE teams
- Curious and experienced to deploy new ideas and to use new innovative digital tools and platforms for providing HSE support in the Region
- Connects the purpose of HSE by reaching a mutual understanding and acknowledgment with all levels in the company
- Eager to improve and innovate HSE performance and standards proactively
- Steers the beliefs, perceptions and values that associates share about HSE in the workplace to create a positive mindset and proactive HSE behaviors
- Open to and accept feedback and is able to provide feedback in a respectful and constructive way
Collaborating & Influencing:
- Motivates associates and leaders intrinsically to want to take part in our HSE journey and contributes through taking responsibility and ownership
- Connects emotionally and socially with people in all layers of the organization, shows empathy and maintains relationships build on trust
- Guides site HSE teams on how to solve HSE issues and challenges themselves autonomously by always being ready to help and willing to listen
- Deals with transition or change of HSE and/or business goals or processes in a positive and adaptable way
- Makes decisions and acts without having all details or bigger picture Is comfortable with risk and uncertainty and is able to continue daily operations as normal Is flexibly switching from in-depth expertise work to general HSE matters depending on business needs
- Agile and adaptable to changing business needs, multiple stakeholders and to flex from global program development to site-level implementation support
What you'll bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree in, safety management, safety engineering, industrial hygiene, environmental science, occupational health and/or medicine, engineering, or related field
- Master's degree in above-mentioned is preferred
- 6 years of related expertise is minimally required (with additional years preferred) ideally at multi-national organizations, with knowledge and work experience in HSE
- In-depth experience in pharmaceutical, chemical, biomedical research, and/or healthcare industry
- In-depth understanding of following areas: HSE aspects of the international management system standards for HSE (e.g., ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 31000, ISO 22301, ISO 50001)
- Site-based HSE operations Region and country-specific HSE compliance requirements
- Safety design and standards Occupational Health Environmental Impact
- Experience in leading high impact processes and implementation of improvements across global/regional matrix organizations with cross-functional exposure
- Understanding of the organization and culture of Novartis becoming Unbossed, Curious and Inspired
- Experience in operational effectiveness/innovation and of working with diverse teams and remote business relationships
Some Travel required.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.