Sr Client Representative
California ISOFull time Full day
The California Independent System Operator (ISO) manages the flow of electricity across the high-voltage, long-distance power lines that make up 80 percent of California's power grid. We safeguard the economy and well-being of 30 million Californians by "keeping the lights on" 24/7.
As the impartial grid operator, the California ISO opens access to the wholesale power market that is designed to diversify resources and lower prices. It also grants equal access to 25,865 circuit-miles of power lines and reduces barriers to diverse resources competing to bring power to customers.
The California ISO's function is often compared to that of air traffic controllers. It would be grossly unfair for air traffic controllers to represent one airline and profit from allowing that company's planes to go through before others. In the same way, the California ISO operates independently—managing the electron traffic on a power grid we do not own—making sure electricity is safely delivered to utilities and consumers on time and reliably.
Under the general direction of the Manager, acts as a primary point of contact for transactional issues between the ISO and its Stakeholders/Customers addressing business issues that may range from real time operational issues to settlement and dispute inquiries. Initiates and coordinates resolution to business issues related to business operations, market transactions, ISO contracts, scheduling, real time operations, metering, settlements, ISO Tariff compliance, and information technology.
What's In it for You
Our purpose is to lead the way to tomorrow's energy network. Make a difference and impact millions of people who depend on electricity in their everyday lives.
- You get to work on interesting and challenging assignments that will help grow your skill set.
- You will work in an extremely collaborative environment inside our LEED certified Folsom, California campus.
- You will be challenged, be a part of a winning team, and your contributions will be rewarded and recognized.
What You Will Be Doing
- Serves as a primary point of contact for transactional issues between the ISO and its customers and stakeholders. Provides customer care through phone support, issue management (CIDI), email, web inquiries and the Customer Support Desk/Real Time Operations. Seeks to continuously improve customer phone management, CIDI management, self-help capability and communications including market notice content and quality. Supports the corporate strategic plan objectives of enhanced pro-active monitoring, improved responsiveness and quality of issue resolution, and identification and elimination of root causes of incoming issues. In conjunction with other Client Representatives, monitors Customer Service metrics on a monthly/quarterly basis including issue tickets, phone inquiries and growth of self-help customer capability. Researches, analyzes, and coordinates resolution of customer’s market, business and operations business issues with a focus on quality timely resolution. Builds internal expertise on business processes and solutions and engages with SME’s as necessary.
- Provides support and continuously evolves and develops assigned areas of expertise. Creates documentation, such as knowledge articles, for self-help capability and education of customers and stakeholders. Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of issue management and knowledge management tools. Accurately captures detailed subject matter expertise within assigned areas to provide customers with responses to complex questions and enable them to perform their business in accordance with ISO Tariff and Operating Procedures. Proactively develops collegial relationships and maintains a high standard of excellence in external and internal customer care.
- Develops and supports the evolution of the customer support model in collaboration with Account Managers. Coordinates proactive outreach efforts, communications and issue resolution with Account Managers as required. Monitors and refines Customer Service, Scheduling Coordinator and internal ISO business work flow and processes as they pertain to the business unit, to improve and enhance process efficiency. Ensures department processes and procedures are accurately captured and followed. Gathers information pertaining to issues and presents solutions to management to mitigate and maintain positive client relationships.
- Develops goals and action plans aligned to strategic intiatives to promote customer care within the company. Oversees the activities of entry level Client Representatives and may direct the work of team members. Participates in needs assessments, development and distribution of market notices to ensure accurate messaging and content.
Level of Education and Discipline
- .A Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent education, training or experience in Business, Engineering, Political Science, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
Amount of Experience
- Equivalent years of education and training, plus five (5) or more years of experience
Type of Experience
- Client representative and customer service experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of one of the following areas required:
- ISO market design
- Grid operations
- Familiarity with ISO operations and settlements policies and procedures.
Additional skills and abilities
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as facilitator and team member.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication and documentation skills required, with a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to use deductive reasoning and analytical thinking with sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are also essential.
- Must be self-starting and willing and able to work independently in a dynamic corporate organization under pressure of tight deadlines and aggressive expectations.
- Self-motivated, problem solving skills and the ability to influence others without direct authority.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to effectively use databases.
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information and grasp complex market interactions and interdependencies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.