Patient Service Specialist (PSS)
Select Medical CorporationFull time Full day
Do you thrive on building relationships with others in a fast-paced office environment? Do you love to make people smile and overcome challenges? Are you a problem-solver? Are you organized, efficient and detail-oriented? If so, a Patient Service Specialist role in our outpatient therapy setting could be a great fit for you!
As a Patient Service Specialist with Select Medical, you have the opportunity to create exceptional patient experiences and maintain an efficient and upbeat office environment in our physical rehabilitation centers!
- Patient-centered mindset: Customer service is a top priority
- Efficiency: Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize patient services activities and other general office duties effectively
- Exceptional communication skills: Communicate with empathy
- Detail-oriented: Attentiveness to all the details to ensure things are done correctly the first time
- Resilient: Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of patients and colleagues, especially when things change
- Positivity: Maintain an optimistic "can-do" attitude; inspire and encourage others to do the same
Meet our team!
Click the following link to view more information about our center, including things like employee bios, services we offer, and our hours of operation!
The ideal candidate possesses the ability to perform the following patient services activities with positivity and excellence:
- Warmly greet every patient with eye contact and a smile
- Register new patients and let them know what to expect during their visit
- Schedule appointments
- Verify insurance and present information to patients clearly and concisely
- Collect co-pays
- Obtain insurance authorizations when required
- Communicate with our corporate central business office
- Conform to all HIPAA guidelines
- Be a team player
- Clinic Location: Bixby, OK
- Type of Employment: Full time
- Hours: Must have availability between 6am-7pm Monday-Friday and some half days on Saturdays
- Full Medical and Dental Benefits: Yes (32+ hours)
- Previous medical office experience: Strongly Preferred
- Previous experience with insurance/billing: Strongly Preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience in a clinical office environment preferred, but not required
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook (e-mail).
At Select Medical, we achieve results through our strong cultural behaviors and want employees to:
- Be Patient-Centered: focus on the needs of patients to help improve their lives
- Build Trust: speak up, make good decisions, and trust others to do the same
- Own the Future: own your success and take action to build a successful career
- Think First: understand that good data is key to achieving superior results
- Celebrate Success: recognize and reward others for the value they create
- Create Change: innovate in how you perform your role
Select Medical is the nation's leading outpatient therapy provider and our teams are dedicated to the communities we serve and to delivering an exceptional patient experience in a welcoming and positive environment.
We operate over 1,740 locations in 37 states, plus the District of Columbia, primarily operating as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical teams provide preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payers and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. We are looking for someone to join our team who will help us make a positive impact in the local community and throughout our company!
To apply, complete our FULL HR application at https://careers.selectmedical.com/.