Program Director of Healthy Living
Valley YMCAFull time Full day
The Valley of the Sun YMCA is one of the top 50 YMCA associations in the United States that has transformed its culture, vision and operations in the last 2 years. With 15 branches in Phoenix, Yuma and Flagstaff along with a thriving overnight camp in Prescott. We are fast growing as a cause-driven organization that is focused on improving the nation's health and well-being and providing opportunities to give back and support our neighbors. If you share a commitment to being a part of a greater movement then a career with the YMCA is for you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Supervise and oversee group fitness, personal training staff and all operations of the healthy living department
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to promoting healthy living programs
- Impact the lives and health of each member each day
- This is not an exhaustive list of job duties. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- A passion for health and fitness
- Current certifications in YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles, Foundations of YMCA Group Exercise and/or YMCA Personal Training Instructor, CPR, First Aid
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience in health and fitness program
- Bachelor's degree in physical education, recreation or equivalent experience
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
- 12% Employer Funded Retirement Plan (once eligible) • Free YMCA Family Membership • Free Programs for dependents • Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance • Paid Vacation & Sick Leave (once accrued) • Professional Development Opportunities & Trainings • 403b Retirement Savings Account upon hire • Employee Assistant Program