Stonebridge CompaniesFull time Full day
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds in a courteous and timely manner to all guests' questions, complaints or requests.
- Performs maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of building, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating/air conditioning (HVAC) ventilation, water treatment systems and swimming pools.
- Schedules and/or performs Preventative Maintenance Program and follows and enforces procedures that ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc.
- Replenish supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, minimizing waste and ensuring that equipment is prepared and operational for the next shift.
- Monitors work order volume and prioritizes assignments for team as necessary.
- Inspects work assignments to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and within specifications.
- Supervises shift operations including staff scheduling, training and coaching.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. General knowledge of repairing/replacing plumbing systems, HVAC equipment, refrigeration and all kitchen equipment. Knowledge of swimming pool maintenance and chemicals.
- Excellent consultative skills with high degree of diplomacy. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- The work environment normally entails the following:
- Ability to work in all types of inclement weather conditions
- 1/3 to 2/3 of time working near mechanical parts, with vibration and risk of electrical shock, and in high, precarious places, on ladders and in extreme cold and heat.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
- Moderate to occasional loud noise levels consistent with hotel environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
Position is expected to:
- Stand more than 2/3 of the time
- Walk more than 2/3 of the time
- Sit less than 1/3 of the time
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel 75% of time
- Reach with hands and arms 75% of time
- Reach overhead with hands and arms 25% of time
- Climb or balance 50% of time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 50% of time
- Talk or hear 50% of time
- Carry / Lift up to 75 lbs.
- Push / pull up to 75lbs.