Nurse Manager SKH
Samaritan Health SystemFull time Full day
Samaritan Medical Center has an outstanding opportunity for a Nurse Manager at Samaritan Keep Home, one of our Long-Term Care Nursing Facilities. Be a part of an exciting opportunity within Samaritan Health.
Qualified Nurse Manager must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing. New York State RN license require. Minimum one year acute care clinical experience and one year clinical experience in long term care preferred. Coursework in nursing management preferred. Other job duties to include but are not limited to:
- Promotes and restores patients' health by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of the resident care area; directing and developing staff; collaborating with multidisciplinary professional staffs; providing physical and psychological support for residents, friends, and families.
- Maintains nursing staff by selecting, orienting, and training nurses and auxiliary staff.
- Identifies resident service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual residents and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
Samaritan is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Disabled, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.