Hy-VeeFull time Full day
Job Title: Sushi Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Asian Revision Date: 05/2018
As a Sushi Clerk, this position will be responsible for filling customer orders, handling food in a safe manner, ordering and receiving products, making sure orders are correct, and labeling, dating, and putting product away. Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director; Store Operations, Perishables, and Health Wellness Home; Food Service Director; Asian Department Manager; Assistant Asian Department Manager; Assistant Managers
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products for which they're looking
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking customer orders.
- Takes customer orders at the Chinese Express counter.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Reviews orders for the day.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
- Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and develops or follows a production list.
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis.
- Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
- Pulls product from cooler/freezer for preparation.
- Checks in product and puts product away
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Washes dishes as necessary.
- Orders product and supplies as necessary.
- Prices product for customers as necessary.
- Delivers orders as needed
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience with Food Safety Certification and six months or more of similar or related experience.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from 20 inches or less to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, and field of vision
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
This position is continually exposed to raw fish, flour, dust, noise, and temperature extremes. There is occasional exposure to cleaning chemicals/solvents. This is a fast paced work environment with significant pressure.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Scale, shrink wrap machine, Telexon re-ordering machine, walk in cooler, knives and serving cases.
Has daily contact with internal customers and the general public. Has weekly contact with suppliers/vendors. Has contact with Federal/State Governmental or Regulatory Agencies as necessary.