Environmental Services Technician (Housekeeping) - Support Services Phone Interview Event – Thursday, June 4, 2020 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (5073)
UW Health PartnersFull time Full day
Scheduled phone interview spots are limited – apply today! Apply now and we will let you know how you can become part of our REMARKABLE UW Health team.
We are seeking an Environmental Services Technician:
- Perform general housekeeping and custodial work within the University Hospital.
- Clean and disinfect facilities, using proper procedures and equipment.
- Aid in the prevention of diseases by sanitizing patient and public areas.
- Responsible for various trash removal duties.
- Follow hospital procedures to dispose of contaminated items.
- Replenish hand soap and paper towels in restrooms.
- Work independently under general supervisor.
Preferred: High School Diploma or equivalent education.
Preferred – At least six months of continuous employment with a single employer. Previous cleaning and/or customer service experience.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Basic communication skills and working knowledge of the English language.
- Ability to work independently or with a team with little direct supervision.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee and external customer satisfaction.
- Effective organizational and planning abilities.
- Willingness to use initiative and handle extra duties as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and work at a rapid pace.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
UW Health recently received some exciting news from "Best Hospitals" rankings, including University Hospital being named Wisconsin's #1 hospital for the eighth year in a row—and for the first time ever— we made the list of the 20 most highly ranked hospitals in the nation!
Learn more about this opening
UW Hospital and Clinics benefits
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
For online application questions: please call 608-263-4893, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 am and 1:00 pm. We would be happy to assist you!