Asset Management Internship - Summer 2021
Starwood Capital GroupFull time Full day
Through our campus recruiting program, we hire a select group of highly motivated summer interns (Undergraduate Class of 2022) with the goal of identifying talent for our Full-time Analyst Program. Our size and structure provides individuals with a high level of responsibility and the unique opportunity to work directly with senior management, joint venture partners, investment bankers, brokers and commercial lenders in all real estate classes. Summer Interns will participate in a variety of specialized trainings that will refine their skills and assist them in transitioning into the professional working environment of Starwood and the investment industry as a whole. A mentorship driven program allows our Summer Interns to create lasting relationships that will support the continued growth of a successful career.
Asset Management Intern Qualifications
Qualified candidates typically have superior analytical, quantitative, and technical skills, including strong academic records, high standardized test scores, a demonstrated interest in real estate and finance and an unyielding work ethic. Interns will need to display a willingness to take direction and the capacity to quickly learn and develop skills required to become an effective Analyst, including proficiency in financial modeling. We look for team players who feel comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Interns will focus on monitoring and reporting asset level performance, identifying potential issues and assisting with existing asset business plan development and implementation. Specific responsibilities include:
- Performing property and portfolio valuations and return analyses;
- Conducting market assessments and making recommendations based on results; working on special projects including hold-sell analysis and evaluation of refinancing;
- Interacting with joint venture partners;
- Monitoring business plan performance and reacting to correct any variances;
- Reviewing and reporting on plans, budgets and schedules to identify profit-maximizing opportunities;
- Assisting the acquisition team with underwriting potential real estate and structured finance acquisitions.