Sr. Director, Clinic Integrations - Dallas - Ft. Worth, TX
UnitedHealth Group Inc.Full time Full day
Medical Director careers at UnitedHealth Group are anything but ordinary. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that's driving the health care industry forward. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This senior director position has Enterprise management responsibilities for Clinic Integrations to include both Micro and Macro Integrations. This position provides direct leadership to the Integrations team. This role will have accountability for successful collaboration with physicians, and works cross-functionally with all other functions in the corporation including acquisitions, contracting, credentialing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, claims, compliance, marketing, sales, medical management, finance, member services, IT, and facilities to achieve market goals and objectives. It facilitates creation and execution of local market integration strategies and action plans. It is involved in planning, budgeting, forecasting, facilities planning, and reporting for each market actively involved in integrations.
They will collaborate and drive efforts to effectively analyze data/processes and implement changes, best practices and initiatives throughout the multiple clinical operations/facilities; there will be impact on over 450 physicians and potential for over 600 contracted healthcare providers. This Senior Director will be an influential senior leader who must engage other leaders and develop strong relationships across the business that will drive successful initiative/project completion.
- Actively participates as a member of the leadership team
- Participates in strategic and operational integration planning for the enterprise and facilitates the execution of the plan within each assigned market
- Facilitates development and execution of comprehensive integration action plans and strategy for each market
- Continual interaction with partners including Medical Directors, Administrators, Chief Operating Officers, Chief Financial Officers and Vice Presidents of Various Cross functional departments
- Liaison with inside and outside legal counsel on focused legal issues related Health Care Industry and other legal matters (contract review and Federal and State regulatory issues)
- Participates in budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for each market integration
- Provides cross functional leadership across the enterprise by maintaining open communication, identifying, resolving cross functional issues, continually improving cross functional policies/procedures/work flows and support systems and proactively facilitates staff development to achieve the goals and objectives of each assigned market
- Maintains effective integration team to support the integration efforts
- Oversees effectiveness and efficiency of team members to achieve initiative goals
- Directs on-going evaluation and conducts analysis to measure outcomes and report results
- Conducts research and complex analysis to interpret information on initiative issues and problems to make informed decisions or for making recommendations to key stakeholders
- Provides regular reports to executive team and stakeholders
- Identifies, directs, communicates, and executes continuous quality improvement activities or processes to ensure initiative outcomes are met
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field
- 10 years experience working in a healthcare environment
- 7 years experience in a senior management role
- 7 years in depth analysis utilizing appropriate tools, and knowledge of current trends in reporting and technology applications being utilized for a variety initiatives
- Solid analytical skills and understanding of operational reports
- Professional interpersonal skills and presentation skills. Must be able to effectively present to executive-level audiences
- Solid data mining, analytical and reporting skills, along with ability to review and interpret data and make recommendations to senior-management
- Knowledge of current principles, practices, and trends in leadership and resource management
- Experience providing leadership and direction for long-range strategic planning
- Advanced experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Products including: Power Point, Word, Project and Excel
- Basic knowledge in SQL
- Local and overnight travel – 50-75% of the time
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease.
- Master's degree in healthcare field
- 10 years experience working directly in a clinical healthcare environment
- 8 years in a corporate/business setting, managed care, health system
- 8 years proven ability to integrate large-scale systemic change programs with wide range of stakeholders and department managers – analyze outcomes driving optimal care delivery results
- 8 years proficiency in project management
- Able to establish cooperative and collaborative working relationships in the course of performing assigned duties
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000 lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinic Integration, Clinic Operations, Healthcare Administration, Mergers & Acquisitions, MHA, MBA, Practice Manager, Clinic Administrator, Healthcare operations, Physician Relations, Dallas, Ft. Worth, TX, Texas