Respiratory Therapist - RT
Apria HealthcareFull time Full day
Respiratory Therapist – New Grads Welcome to Apply
Apria Healthcare has an immediate need for a Respiratory Therapist to join our growing team! The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for assisting and managing patients with clinical needs.
Ranked Top 1% "America's Most Honored Businesses" – American Registry
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, and promote healing.
How You'll Make A Difference:
As a member of our team you will be among a group of healthcare professionals that encourage everyone to contribute. In the field or at the office, we respect each other's talent and help each other learn and grow. We are passionate about making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is required
- Registration or certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC); does not include RN or LPN clinicians
- Hold a current RCP license in the state of practice (or states that the location covers) if that state requires an RCP license to allow the practice of respiratory therapy
- Hold a current CPR Certification
- Hold all applicable licensure in good standing for all states of practice
- Must have reliable transportation, possess a valid and current driver's license and auto insurance per Apria policy
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
- Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and maintain equipment. Performs clinical assessments and tests.
- May need to perform on-call duties as needed.
- Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment including but not limited to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, PAP, invasive and non-invasive ventilation.
- Responsible for accurate data entry on monitoring websites for certain respiratory equipment.
What We Have To Offer/ The Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
To view the formal job description please click here
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet