Groundskeeper - School District of Beloit - POM
Aramark CorporationFull time Full day
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining and improving site grounds. Assigned work such as mowing, trimming, leaf removal, de-icing, etc. may fluctuate by season Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Maintains and improves facility grounds
- Utilize planned designs to determine landscaping needs
- Performs tasks such as planting, mowing, weeding, fertilizing, sweeping, raking, salting, shoveling snow, removing ice, etc.
- Operate various types of equipment including power mowers, saws, weed eaters, hedge trimmers, sprayers, etc.
- Operates trucks and tractors and attachments used to maintain grounds as needed
- Clean and upkeep sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, etc.
- Performs regular maintenance and minor repairs on lawn equipment and tools
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience in grounds keeping/horticulture preferred
- Working knowledge of grounds keeping principals and power landscape equipment
- Must be able to adhere to safety procedures to do physical risks
- Requires frequent lifting, moving, carrying, pushing, pulling of over 50 lbs
- Requires frequent standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and crouching
- Work involves exposure to unusual elements and extreme temperatures