Fraud Investigations Credit Card Investigator
US BankFull time Full day
Under general guidance and supervision, this position typically handles investigations involving credit card fraud allegations and provides recommendations to a Principal Investigator or Team Lead for determination of case disposition. Following the investigation, case development and regulatory filing, may identify weaknesses / risks and recommend solutions to management.
Conducts thorough research and analysis of fraudulent activity related to credit card accounts referred by other departments.
Reviews case documentation and obtains additional information as necessary.
Maintains thorough and accurate case notes.
Understands and adheres to suspicious activity filing requirements and processes, as required for this position.
Prepares suspicious activity reports in accordance with established guidelines, processes and procedures.
Maintains files in conjunction with record keeping/legal records hold policies to comply with retention schedules or records.
Provides confidential reports to management as required.
May prepare cases for criminal and civil prosecution and attend court to pursue restitution and testify on behalf of the bank.
Refers matters to law enforcement as appropriate.
Responds to law enforcement inquiries as assigned.
Actively ensures compliance with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies and procedures.
Actively participates in all required corporate and business line training.
- May include minimal travel.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Two to three years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
Prior experience in fraud investigations, financial/banking sector, accounting/auditing or law enforcement.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bank systems, rules of evidence and banking documents
- Knowledge of various credit card platforms such as ICS, Hogan and Total Systems
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to adhere to high levels of confidentiality and data security standards
- Strong analytical and organizational skills as well as a high degree of initiative
- Demonstrates positive, results orientated attitude
- Proven track record of meeting tight deadlines
- SAR form preparation and narrative writing
- Professional licenses and certifications (e.g., CFE, CFCS, CFCI)