Civil Engineer / Project Manager - Site/Civil
DLZFull time Full day
DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. Our growth is a testament to the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our clients.Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients' expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
DLZ currently has a Civil Engineer / Project Manager – Site / Civil position open in our Indianapolis, IN office. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage multi-discipline site/civil projects encompassing all site utilities (i.e. sanitary, potable water, and/or storm water) as well as grading and all other site engineering aspects from planning and procurement through start-up and construction.
- Complete all stormwater and sanitary sewer calculations for site including potential lift stations.
- Complete full plans including specifications in AIA MasterSpec format for all site parameters.
- Research and coordinate with all respective jurisdictions regarding regulations for storm, water, sanitary, electrical and gas services to the site.
- Apply for and obtain permits for site parameters listed above.
- Review proposed contracts to determine significant parameters, time schedules and mileposts and define the major task areas.
- Resolve problems and coordinate the final turnover of the project to the client, throughout the project.
- Direct the planning and development of the project scope, procedures, and budget.
- Ensure contractual commitments are met and the work is being performed according to the client's instructions.
- Maintain effective relationships with members of all divisions and departments responsible for performing services in connection with the project.
- Control and/or review all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates and reports. Responsible for quality control over the complete project.
- Monitor fees and budgets; report problems to the appropriate Department and Division Managers.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of progress and special reports to staff and clients.
- Obtain client's acceptance of work, coordinate completion of final project paperwork and preparation of final report.
- Be actively involved in civic and professional activities, societies and organizations.
- Ensure all work is performed in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the company Health and Safety Plan.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field
- 10 or more years' experience in site/civil design
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration required, Indiana registration or the ability to obtain within 4 months
- Construction document preparation and hydraulic modeling experience desired
- Proficient with software programs such as, but not necessarily inclusive of, all of the following: (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS,
- Microstation, Storm modeling programs etc.) inherent to successful completion of the work assignedStrong technical writing skills
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites, complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.