StraumannFull time Full day
Straumann partners with passionate people who fit in with the agile dynamics of our size-for-success company. People at Straumann appreciate the opportunity to shape the future and create impact. Encouraging leadership and inspiring ideas from our people have guided us through our proud history of pioneering innovations.
This position processes multi-state payrolls and maintains the time and attendance system for all staff. Creates and imports pay-data files to ADP. Review daily imports between applications. Answers high volume of employee inquiries and interprets time off benefits in accordance with company policy. Assists in the preparation of monthly reporting and schedules to Finance department and senior management.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Process our bi weekly payrolls (US & Canada); responsible for new hire & termination entry, changes in salary, benefits, tax withholdings, deductions, etc. via our payroll systems (US: ADP Workforce Now, and Canada: Ceridian)
- Compile and maintain time and attendance data using Kronos Workforce Ready and Ceridian
- Process sales commissions on a monthly basis and bonus payments on a quarterly basis, and other files as needed.
- Apply for SIT, SUI, Local and City tax ID's
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, T-2200 & TP-64, etc.).
- Ensures payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations.
- Responds to auditing and regulatory inquiries.
- Researches and interprets federal, state, and Canadian regulatory requirements and resolves tax, withholding, garnishment and wage/hour issues for payroll processing.
- Verify, remit and finalize the transmission of employee deductions for the 401(k) & FSA Plan to the appropriate vendors.
Respond to verification of employment requests.
Provide support to the Finance Department during company financial audits.
Develop ad hoc financial and monthly operational reporting as needed.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in payroll preparation for a multi-location organization resolving complex payroll processing and employee payroll issues.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Preferred systems & time tracking experience with SAP, ADP Workforce Now, Kronos Workforce Ready, and Ceridian
- Strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
Work Environment & Physical Demands
No extensive travel required. No special physical demands required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.