AD, BPA BD&L and Alliance Management
Novartis PharmaceuticalsFull time Full day
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
As the Associate Director, Business Development Licensing and Alliance Management Finance, you will be responsible for the assessment of BD&L deals, management of alliances with strategic partners and decision support for investment/divestment cases.
You will also be a partner to the BD&L and AM teams while supporting Sandoz US strategies and portfolio growth to ensure efficient results.
Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support business partners and drive investment / divestment / portfolio decisions with clear recommendations
- Prepare financial models using NPV and cash flow analysis, and guide the BD&L team on deal terms and structures
- Prepare deal case presentations to acquire approvals from management; Review contracts to ensure appropriate languages and optimal terms
- Support alliance management activities, e.g. periodic contract reviews, contract amendment, profit share payment review, post deal activities
- Lead or support ad-hoc special projects and at times Commercial/Central BPA activities
What you'll bring to the role (requirements):
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, and other financial systems, such as BPC
- 7-10 years of Finance leadership experience preferably in Pharmaceutical/Generics industry, and with Commercial or R&D business planning and analysis roles
- Strong analytical skills and ability to see 'big picture'
- Effective influence, negotiation skills with ability to communicate business critical information effectively at senior level
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence without direct authority to deliver projects
- Demonstrate values and behaviors, such as collaboration, courage, performance, and agility to learn quickly in order to adapt to fast-paced working environment
- Appreciation and knowledge of current Pharmaceutical / Generic market environment
Desirable Requirements (preferences):
- MBA, equivalent degree and/or qualified accountant (CFA/CPA);
- Experience in working at multi-national companies, with understanding of different cultures and styles, and ability in communicating with Headquarters
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Join us, and help reimagine access to medicine!