Manufacturing Engineering Technician
L3HarrisFull time Full day
Job Title - Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Job Location - Londonderry, NH
Job Code - CS20202005-45735
The successful candidate will support 1st shift manufacturing processes in the production of complex electro optical systems within a fast paced manufacturing environment. The candidate will also apply troubleshooting skills to provide day-to-day technical support to active production lines. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop and evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Manage continuous improvement activities to improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Disposition production floor defects and implement corrective action.
- Calibrate and maintain test and production equipment.
- Perform root cause analysis of technical issues and provide containment and corrective actions recommendations to production team.
- Work with inspection and vendors to assure component specification compliance.
- Support engineering to production transition efforts for new products.
- Train production and technician staff as required.
- Associates degree or equivalent in Optical, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 3-5 years of related experience required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on experience with assembly and test of electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems.
- Working knowledge of laboratory equipment including oscilloscopes, power meters, and laser beam analyzers.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.