Risk Analyst, ERM
Vantage West Credit UnionFull time Full day
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Four (4) years related retail banking, compliance, risk, and audit or analytics experience.
Additional Preferred Education & Experience:
- Applicable related certifications (e.g. CFA, FRM, CPA, CIA, CRMA)
- Experience with or working knowledge of credit union / financial institution operational processes
- Experience with statistical modeling tools and techniques used in enterprise risk management
- Knowledge of enterprise risk management, internal control standards and corporate finance
- Experience with information technology, particularly how systems and applications integrate with business processes and operations (e.g. information technology risks)
- Ability to utilize existing or new technologies to predict/measure the impact of the firm's operating environment on key risk and performance indicators, and develop methods for quantitatively forecasting risk exposures
- Ability to collaborate with various departments in order to conduct risk assessments
- Experience with implementing risk management frameworks based on COSO and or the International Organization for Standards (ISO)
- Experience with relevant risk disciplines such as capital, credit, liquidity, investments, market, operations, IT operations and regulatory
- Ability to think critically, analyze and communicate information to all levels of the organization
Minimum Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visible Equity, Tableau, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports, legal documents, governmental regulations and professional publications
- Ability to manage projects and to perform analysis of processes and data
- Ability to assist in the creation of risk and compliance policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Conflict Management
- Process Management
- Managerial Courage
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Managing Vision and Purpose
Requires the employee to sit and stand a majority of the time. Some local, state-wide and national travel may be necessary.
Must comply with all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act and NCUA regulations.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES AND TASKS:
- Collaborates with the business units in the preparation of self-risk assessments that are used to prepare the Enterprise Risk Assessments consistent with the Enterprise Risk Assessment Methodology; obtains assurance that the self-assessments are reliable and prepare the periodic reports.
- Documents the risk management policies, methodologies and frameworks utilized by the enterprise; documents and validates risk measurement practices and reporting used in the enterprise and links to risk tolerance of the Board of Directors.
- Helps develop a framework to prioritize risks, evaluate response options, and plan response strategies.
- Prepare materials for the Risk Committee that supports certain oversight responsibilities according to the Risk Committee Charter; prepares materials for the Board that support its oversight responsibilities.
- Prepares certain analysis of the business, liquidity, market, credit, operations, compliance, IT operations and information security and strategic risk profile (inherent and residual risk), and the associated risk measurement and performance metrics.
- Facilitates the business in the Change Management processes across the Credit Union.
- Facilitates the business in the Incident Management processes across the Credit Union.
- Prepares certain assurance procedures for the Information Systems and Information Security Standards and controls, security operations incidence reports and the results and remediation of periodic intrusion testing.
- Prepares certain analysis and assurance procedures on the Insurance program, Vendor Risk Management program, Model Validation program, Business Continuity program, and Fraud Risk Management program, and spreadsheet controls and reliability.
- Prepares information to identify, report, and consolidate tracking and analysis of operating issues, including internal audit, examinations, operations incidents, IT infrastructure, information security, fraud, and complaint reports.
- Assists enterprise-wide assurance processes with Internal Audit assurance services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The target range for this position is $52,400 to $68,800. Final salary is dependent on a candidate's experience and qualifications.