GCP Applied TechnologiesFull time Full day
Residential Sales Representative
GCP Applied Technologies is looking for a Residential Sales Representative to join its team. This position covers the Great Lakes territory (and is part of our Northeast Region). In this role, you will maintain and increase sales volume with established accounts and aggressively seek new channel partners, builders and contractors to position GCP Applied Technologies (formerly GRACE) Ice & Watershield and Vycor Flashings.
- Maintain contact with established customers and develop new prospects in assigned territory.
- Service existing and prospective accounts in assigned territory in accordance with company policies and programs.
- Successfully promote new growth products.
- Analyze customer's needs and formulate solutions using all resources made available by the company.
- Maintain and increase sales volume with established accounts and aggressively seek new projects to position GCP Applied Technologies (formerly GRACE) Ice & Watershield and Vycor Flashings by implementing planned sales strategies, company marketing programs, and delivering effective customer service.
- Awareness of competitive products and marketing practices.
- Work closely as part of a regional sales team.
- Cooperate and assist fellow salespeople, sales managers, marketing personnel, customer service, manufacturing, and other company personnel.
- Should be familiar with architectural and engineering sales calls for specification positions, as well as contractor pull-through and distributor calls.
- Recommend new products and modification or deletion of present products to the line.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, self-development programs, conventions, association meetings and trade shows.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3-5 years' minimum selling value added products in a construction related field
- Construction industry experience desirable.
- Broad knowledge of services, products, and basic sales techniques.
- Ability to consistently meet customer expectations and work as part of a team.
- Possess good problem solving skills and the ability to discuss business issues and propose appropriate product solutions.
- Known for sales orientation, comfortable with cold calling and ability to fill the pipeline with opportunities.
- Maintain up to date records through computer systems (i.e. CRM).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Travel up to 50%.