Sr. Lead Communications Technician (100% Travel Required)
Integrated Electrical Services, Inc.Full time Full day
Full benefits available after 30 days of employment! Full-time, direct hire position!
The Sr. Lead Communications Tech is the overall manager on a small to medium sized project. The Senior Lead Communications Tech ensures that all contracted work is developed, implemented, installed and managed in accordance with the Company's requirements, including but not limited to: safety, quality, management and financial performance requirements. All aspects of the assigned project must be carried out as efficiently as possible with respect to staffing, materials management, financial management customer care and customer delivery goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruits, hires, trains, manages, supervises, promotes, disciplines and discharges, if necessary, all project related staff. Effectively manage all human resource issues (and escalate as needed) per Company policies and procedures. Complete recommendations for project related employees' performance ratings, promotions and pay changes. Provide guidance and mentoring to meet all customer and Company goals and objectives. Acts as the senior Company liaison for operational interface with customer representative(s). Plans for, manages, monitors and maintains project profitability to achieve Company goals. Ensures that deadlines are met per customer requirements. Manages overall workload distribution, staffing levels and monitors the customer delivery and job installation progress. Manages successful job completion; ensures productivity, job completion and compliance to project budget. Reviews all job cost postings for accuracy and completeness, including but not limited to, the preparation and approval of invoices, customer collections and periodic financial reporting to the customer and management. Completes all IES and project paperwork accurately and on time (specifically timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required); ensure all Job Closing Packages meet customer and Company standards. Performs quality checks; manages the prevention of outages; conducts job walks to ensure quality; prepare red-lined as-built drawings. Serves as main customer contact for questions and/or concerns; attend facility and constructions meetings when required. Reviews and monitors operational processes for accuracy, completeness, and efficiency, including but not limited to estimating, purchasing, invoicing, warehousing, scheduling and reporting. Develops, redesigns and implements process improvements as required to bring processes up to effective levels. In concert with the Training Department, monitors all quality and safety issues related to the operations department. Actively promote safety as our priority. Completes other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Regular attendance is mandatory
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, and convey an appropriate professional image.
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- Must also have excellent organizational skills and the ability to develop branch and job processes and best practices.
- Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Must possess the ability to learn and teach the Company and customer project management systems.
- Must be able to work at heights, off a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of three (3) years' experience of supervisory or managerial experience.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years' experience as a Lead Communications Technician or similar position.
- Must also have a minimum of five (5) years' experience in telecommunications or a related technical or construction field.
- Must be proficient with a computer and be skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a project, create a project scope of work, create an estimate, develop detailed associated tasks and manage these to completion and customer turnover.
Minimum Years of Experience
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES's 2019 fiscal year ending September 30, 2019 IES produced over $1.1 billion in revenue and employed over 5000 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work