Drive Systems Design Engineer
Bell HelicopterFull time Full day
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
The Drive System Design Engineer at Bell is responsible for design activities related to preparation and release of engineering data for complex mechanical components including gears, bearings, shafts, housings and other supporting components as well as subsystem integration. This role supports the manufacturing, assembly and validation of these mechanical components and ensures compliance with all best practices, customer and industry specifications in support of air vehicle performance and safety requirements. This position is located at Bell's headquarters facility in Ft. Worth, TX.
- Create detail, assembly and installation drive system design definition in the form of 2D and 3D technical data utilizing CAD software and various analytical tools.
- Support manufacturing and testing of drive system components and sub-systems interpreting technical data and assisting in product improvements.
- Improve detail, assembly and installation drive system design definition in the form of 2D and 3D technical data utilizing CAD software and PLM software.
- Participate in a cross functional team environment completing a variety of objectives depending on the program lifecycle assigned.
- Advance the state-of-the-art drive system through creative thought, personal and team research, technical compliance and strong analysis skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering is required.
- Other equivalent engineering disciplines will be considered with sufficient applicable experience.
- Master's Degree in the Engineering as described above is preferred.
- Mechanical design experience with 2D/3D modeling, requirement capture and specification development is required.
- Experience working in an aerospace or automotive environment, focused on mechanical components such as gears, bearings, shafting, etc. is required.
- Experience working in a precision manufacturing environment, focused on mechanical component manufacturing processes such as metal machining, heat treatments, and other specialized processes.
- Proficiency with mechanical design computational tools such as various CATIA v6, UG v5, and/or ProE.
- Proficiency with Mathcad, Matlab, FEM software (ANSYS, etc.), AB Jones, KIMOS, AGMA related analysis tools, etc.
- Proficiency with basic office computer software, specifically the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.) is required.
- Must have working knowledgeable of GD&T requirements.
- Strong analytical ability is required.
- Must have demonstrated success working in a team environment and articulating technical data and concepts to a wide audience of individuals of different technical backgrounds.
- Must have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a variety of activities and tasks while dealing with change.
- Previous experience working with PLM software such as ENOVIA to drive product lifecycle is preferred.
- Previous experience working on cross functional engineering programs is preferred.
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.