Intern, Corporate Communications
AxoGenFull time Full day
Axogen is the leading company revolutionizing the science of nerve repair. We are passionate about helping to restore function and quality of life to patients with physical damage or discontinuity to peripheral nerves.
If you want to see how you can impact lives at Axogen, take a look at these inspiring patient stories:
Axogen offers a robust internship program that provides you with the ability to make a true impact. As an intern you will be able to take ownership of projects as well as get a feel for the day to day work in your role. In addition to the project work, Axogen will provide you with learning, networking, and social opportunities throughout the internship with intern specific trainings, lunch & learns with leadership, and fun events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status
Summary of the Corporate Communications Intern
We are seeking a highly motivated intern to join our Corporate Communications team at Axogen. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance for a dynamic, professional, hands-on experience. The intern will get a unique look into the benefits of working within a smaller biomedical company; high visibility within the company and exposure to a broad range of Corporate Communications activities.
Requirements of the Corporate Communications Intern
- Currently enrolled in a undergraduate or graduate program; preferably in public relations journalism, marketing, communications, digital communication.
- Ability to work 12-15 hours a week; specific days/hours will be based on student's class load
- Pass a drug screening
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office, SharePoint
- Experience working with websites – posting content and creating/updating pages
- The ability to work independently and with others
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, or InDesign preferred
- The projects this intern will be working on will be focused on the company intranet and other digital communications for internal audience.
- Developing content – interviewing and writing skills
- Posting content
- Webpage design and creation
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
13631 Progress Blvd., Suite 400, Alachua, FL 32615