Material Handler - 2nd shift
Ames True TemperFull time Full day
WHY JOIN OUR CLOSETMAID TEAM
We have AMAZING Benefits! Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Wellness, 401K, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, PTO Days, Disability, Employee Stock Option Plan.
- We provide Discounted Tickets to hotels, movies, theme parks, shows and more…
- We are environmentally conscious and responsible
- We provide immense growth opportunity!
- We are proud supporters of local and national charities.
WHO WE ARE
ClosetMaid is the worldwide leader in home storage and organization, offering innovative wire and laminate/wood storage systems for use in bedrooms, kitchens, family rooms, laundry rooms, home offices, garages, and more. Our products are sold in many countries world-wide. Our Customers range from large retailers to independent authorized dealers to the individual shopper at home.
Our mission is to be the Global Leader in innovative home storage products by surpassing customer expectations of products, quality, service and merchandising.
ClosetMaid is dedicated to progress. Our goal is to continue to make ClosetMaid a better place to work.
We are a business unit of Griffon Corporation (NYSE: GFF)
Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Operates: Electric Pallet Jacks, Sit Down and Stand Up Forklifts in loading or moving materials and products.
- Use computer/scanner
- Identify and compare product by number code
- Load materials/products on trucks
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved. Opens containers.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled using bin locators or floor locations for inventory accuracy.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Forklift Experience
- Good Safety Record
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment and maintain regular attendance
- Must be able to work overtime as business need dictates
Equal Opportunity Employer
ClosetMaid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by contacti