Member Service Representative
UNIFY Financial Credit UnionFull time Full day
UNIFY Financial Credit Union is one of the nations largest 100 credit unions with a reputation for being financially sound and growth-oriented. Were expanding rapidly to meet the needs of a growing member base. At UNIFY, our team members work together to strive toward a common goal, providing superior service to our members. In doing so, we promote a culture where your ideas matter, your growth matters, and you matter. We encourage all team members to challenge and encourage themselves and their teammates to work smarter and to be more successful
Assists members with opening and servicing accounts, cross selling Credit Union products/services, preparing and closing consumer loan requests, taking real estate applications and resolving member issues while providing Superior Member Service.
- Provides efficient and accurate service by processing financial requests including but not limited to, establishing new member accounts (including IRA, Trust, Term-Share certificates, Money Market shares), online banking set-up, instant card issuance, research requests, stop payments, notary services, wire transfers and all teller transactions.
- Becomes Lending Certified and performs functions related to consumer lending, including accepting and inputting loan applications, loan processing, and loan funding while following lending policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Cross-sells ancillary products on Consumer loans.
- Discusses and explains Pre-Approval conditions with members.
- Performs functions related to mortgage lending including accepting and inputting loan applications through Mortgage Builder.
- Discusses mortgage rates with members utilizing the Daily Rate Workbook and reviews mortgage product options the member qualifies for.
- Profiles the financial needs of new and existing members through open-ended interviewing techniques to identify cross-sell opportunities.
- Participates in completing outbound calls from the available call lists and effectively cross-sell to the membership.
- Participates in business development activities including but not limited to site visits and community events.
- Supports other branches as needed.
- Initiates and opens additional shares for members and new memberships as necessary while explaining and promoting Credit Union products and services.
- Utilizes the Member Profile Sheet to ensure that the member has the complete benefit of their membership and to ensure the proper follow-up with the member is completed.
- Assists in daily operations including, but not limited to, assisting with cash equivalent shipments and other dual control tasks.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of features and benefits of all products and services and keeps informed of changes in Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Oversees daily Branch Operations including opening and closing the branch in the absence of branch management.
- Provides routine to detailed information concerning Credit Union services and conducts research to resolve member issues while ensuring to update the member through the research process.
- Assists branch management with the training and mentoring of new team members.
- Ensures full compliance with UNIFY Financial Credit Union Service Standards, policies, procedures, the Bank Secrecy Act and Federal regulations
- Becomes a Notary Public to service member needs
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two years related financial institution experience with customer service and loan processing experience.
- Requires effective verbal and written communication skills, sales skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook applications.
See the UNIFY Difference!
At UNIFY, we believe that each team member is a valued contributor. Through a teamwork approach, we strive to provide a positive and rewarding workplace that helps our team succeed. UNIFY provides a work environment which promotes learning, growth, and the opportunity for team members to challenge themselves.
Competitive Compensation and Excellent Benefits Package* Includes:
Medical (PPO/HMO), Prescription, Dental (PPO/DMO), Vision, Life, and Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Dependent and Medical Care - Flexible Spending Accounts
Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Pay
401(K) Plan with employer match
Education reimbursement for approved programs
UNIFY banking privileges for you and your family
- All programs subject to review and change
UNIFY is proud to be a drug-free, equal-opportunity employer including disability/vets. For more information on UNIFY, visit us at www.unifyfcu.com