Project Management Office (PMO) Manager
NTT DATA CorporationFull time Full day
Req ID: 94163
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Project Management Office (PMO) Manager to join our team in Madison, Wisconsin (US-WI), United States (US).
The Project Management Office (PMO) Manager will work collaboratively with the client, team members and vendors to set up and oversee the daily operations of the PMO which will include day-to-day staff management as well as contract and budget management.
In collaboration with the Program Director, the candidate will lead a team of business, financial, and technical analysts to ensure requirements and business needs are met. The candidate will work directly with the vendors, business users and the client to oversee and manage development, maintenance, and use of portfolio, program, and project governance and management policies, standards, tools, and processes. The PMO Manager is responsible for ensuring alignment between the project portfolio and the overall strategy and for providing regular PMO performance reporting.
Other responsibilities of the PMO Manager include:
- Oversee and manage all PMO staff, including hiring, termination, training, conducting performance assessments, and resolving conflicts
- Ensure all internal project communications and reporting is occurring
- Align and update portfolio, program, and project governance and management standards with Industry Standards and best practices
- Collaborate with the client and other vendors on the use of PMO standards, processes, tools, and templates
- Provide a complete and thorough review of project deliverables and ensure review and approval milestones are met
- Ensure that the appropriate governance structures are established and followed for project quality.
- Follow processes for change management.
- Report, track, and manage costs throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Manage client relationship and expectations including working daily with key client leadership
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and management of the integrated master schedule
- Ability to develop, maintain, review, and manage project plans, communication plans, risk logs, issue logs, and other deliverables essential to effective project management and/or required by the client
- Develop client deliverables in accordance with project requirements and company documentation standards
- Provide recommendations to the client on critical business and project decisions
- Ensure that all portfolio, program and project processes and methodologies are executed and followed as applicable
- Create and sustain a culture that encourages high performance of individuals and teams
- Participate in project steering committees, and other stakeholder meetings as needed
- Develop and submit reports as needed to the client and federal government (as required)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of PMO Manager experience on a large, health and human services-related system implementation
- Minimum 5 years Project Management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
50% onsite required
- MMIS/MES knowledge
- Experience on large, health and human services-related system implementations
- Proven ability to lead large teams and manage staff
- Ability to analyze and resolve difficult logic and processing issues
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write meaningful reports and plans
- Ability to communicate difficult concepts to technical and non-technical staff
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.