Sales & Development Representative
Core MarkFull time Full day
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
Our Sales Development Representative plays a critical role within of our sales team. You will visit customers on a regular basis to perform selling and merchandising functions in-store, including placing orders or assisting customer to enter online ordering systems. A successful candidate will have effectively demonstrated the ability to influence, provide a unique perspective, engage with customers on linking their priorities to our value proposition and understand the competitive landscape. This individual should possess strong attention to detail, critical thinking, communication skills and a drive to win.
- Strategically manage daily activity regarding existing and prospective customers within assigned geography.
- Implement and execute marketing programs within assigned accounts.
- Promote, sell, and secure orders from customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Effectively communicate Core-Mark products, services, program features, benefits, credit terms, and sales analysis reports.
- Utilize company database to develop leads for the assigned Territory Manager.
- Operate in a professional manner, representing Core-Mark in a positive light, with respect for internal and external relationships. Overcome objections and negotiate effectively with customers, in all facets of business.
- Communicate program compliance, contracts, schematics, and purchase requirements.
- Drive sales and profit following Corporate and Divisional marketing programs and initiatives. Capture and report all vendor consolidation initiatives. Follow all company policies and procedures including Safety protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A company car is provided however, you must have a current active driver's license and have an acceptable driving record.
- Access to a computer and printer with intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Excellent internal/external communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be well organized and effective at multi-tasking and daily time management, including excellent follow-up skills.
- Must be able to listen effectively and develop profitable customer relationships.
- Must possess a professional work attitude and image, and able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Must be able to work with all levels and departments of the organization.
- Must be able to lift push/pull up to 50 pounds (moving product, setting up displays/racks, etc.). Must be able to operate a motor vehicle for long distances
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Customer Service experience
- Minimum 2-4 years of retail/merchandizing experience
- Experience working with a diverse group
- High school graduate or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Basic to intermediate abilities with Microsoft Office Applications.
- High comfort level in learning internal computer systems.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees