EnersysFull time Full day
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
Carry out various tasks to complete product assembly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Start-up and operate equipment
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments to equipment as necessary
- Understand and follow all department instructions and procedures
- Visually inspect material for defects
- Control scrap
- Must be able to count and record production as necessary
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleanliness procedures
- Follow all ISO, environmental, and safety procedures
- Perform mechanical works using hand/power tools to construct and manufacture products
- Pack and secure materials for transport
- Working as part of a production team, operate efficiently and effectively to ensure production targets are met, liaise with maintenance of any machine issues to ensure machine downtime is kept to a minimum
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to do basic math (subtract, multiply, divide, percentages), Ability to read, write, and understand and interpret instructions
- Manufacturing experience
General Job Requirements
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- Must be able and willing to wear a respirator.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime.
- Must be able and willing to work varying schedules which may include nights, weekends, and public holidays.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Nearest Major Market: Tampa