Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan SocietyFull time Full day
The Good Samaritan Society is the nation's largest non-profit senior care company. With nearly 100 years of charting new territory, the Society offers an opportunity to weave together imagination with reality and ultimately transform the aging experience in America. Now, partnering with Sanford Health, we are able to provide care through all stages of life. Throughout our organization, you will be part of a family, offering love and compassion to residents as part of a dedicated and diverse care team.
Location: 7970 - GSS Sioux Falls Services@Home
3700 S Kiwanis Suite #4
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 57105
Employment Type: Various Options Available
Do you have a passion for seniors and want to make a positive impact on their lives? Or looking for supplemental income?
Good Samaritan Society Services@Home division is hiring immediately! We're looking for enthusiastic, "can do" attitude caregivers to provide companionship, errand-running and other in-home caregiving types of assistance to assigned clients in a caring, safe and efficient manner.
- This is a PRN, "On Call" evening position between 3 p.m.-11 p.m. including one weekend a month and at least two holiday's per year
- To learn more about what a Caregiver does, Click here
- As caregivers, our service is critical and we need your support as our residents are some of the most vulnerable.
"Give comfort to clients, makes you feel good, and you get paid for it is a blessing."
- Services@Home Caregiver
Easy Apply Process
Mobile Device Friendly
- This position provides care to assigned clients in a caring, safe and efficient manner and is responsible to perform the following according to agency standards, procedures and individualized client service plans
- Assists clients with dressing/undressing as defined by client service plan
- Provides personal hygiene care (oral care, hair care, shaving, nail and skin care, bathing, toileting and/or peri care) as defined by the client service plan
- Transfers and provides client positioning and support according to service plan
- Assists clients with simple meal preparation
- Measures and prepares special diet according to service plan
- Assists clients with fluid and food intake
- Assists clients to keep home area clean and orderly and assists with laundry as defined by the client service plan
- Remind client of self-medication per service plan
- Reports any deviation of clients not taking meds per service plan
- Understands and accepts emotional needs of each client
- Observes behavior changes and reports to appropriate staff
- Adheres to applicable statutes, regulations and Federal program requirements regarding client abandonment
- Provides social interaction, conversation and activities that stimulate the mind
- Meets clients' requests or service plan requirements or assures that another person meets those requests in a timely manner
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Prior work experience with seniors or disabled individuals is helpful, but agency will train employees as needed
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include: health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit: https://www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefitsxqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit: https://www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action