Senior Internal Audit BP
ClarivateFull time Full day
Clarivate Analytics is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We deliver critical data, information, workflow solutions, and deep domain expertise to innovators worldwide.
Our solutions cover the entire lifecycle of innovation: scientific and academic research; patent analytics and regulatory standards; pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence; trademark, domain and brand protection. Our portfolio consists of some of the world's most trusted brands, including Web of Science, Derwent, CompuMark, Cortellis, MarkMonitor, and Techstreet.
We employ more than 4,300 colleagues in 43 countries.
Clarivate Analytics is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the tickers NYSE:CCC; CCC.WS.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That's why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We're looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world's most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We're a publicly traded company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you're excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we're excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
We need someone who is a critical thinker with the ability to analyze data and communicate results across all levels of the organization both verbally and written. Your primary role will be supporting the Internal Audit Department in the completion of the annual SOX Program as well as other compliance and operational reviews, as requested by Senior Management. The following attributes will be valued in this role: organization, accuracy, consistency and attention to detail. In addition, we are looking for someone who is technically competent in audit work, proactive in finding solutions, and is committed to achieving goals as a team.
The Internal Audit (IA) Senior will report to the IA Manager within the Internal Audit department and be responsible for evaluating the overall control environment and internal controls over financial reporting. Key tasks include identifying and defining controls in a recently formed, public Company, developing and performing various audit and control test procedures, and reporting results to Management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Execute the SOX program including the performance of walkthroughs, rationalization of controls, and business process control testing (ITGC experience is a plus)
- Identify control gaps, articulating deficiencies in writing, communicating to control owners, and monitoring remediation/retesting
- Facilitate the control/process owner certifications
- Manage internal SOX software requirements
- Contribute to other internal department initiatives, such as training and development, developing and completing operational audits, and other internal reviews, as requested
- Assist in the planning of the annual SOX program and development of the annual test plan.
- Oversight of co-sourcing partner staff including resource/budget management and review of staff work
- Perform risk assessments
- Assist in preparing schedules or reports for executive management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and CIA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 3-5+ years of experience within a Corporation's Internal Audit function or public accounting (external audit) experience.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices. Experience with COSO controls framework.
- Data analytics skills & experience in ITGCs a plus.
- Strong attention to detail. Able to work through an array of information and pinpoint underlying root issues.
- Ability to multitask; work on several projects at the same time; remain flexible against changing priorities
- Capable of understanding and developing alternative solutions for issues in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage up and manage down for completion of tasks/projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint functionality. Experience with analytical tools such as ACL a plus.
- Minimum to no travel required
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.