Senior Director of Product Marketing
WorkivaFull time Full day
Senior Directors of Product Marketing participate in the product strategy and the road map planning process, representing the market perspective and making product decisions based on significant sales, customer and market feedback. They provide support to marketing and sales areas, identifying emerging market opportunities and focusing sales efforts to achieve revenue goals by solution, market and industry categories. The Senior Director of Product Marketing may manage multiple teams of Product Marketers.
What You'll Do:
- Product Roadmap Influence: Provides consulting and management support to Product Managers and Development teams, including identifying and prioritizing product features based on customer and market analysis
Proposes new products to meet market needs by organizing product council "input sessions" with key stakeholders and developing business case studies and plans to justify pursuing a new product
Collaborates with product teams on product vision, principal features, and customer discovery activities
Works with Product Managers to prioritize projects for Development team, based on market and sales data and product launch schedules
Develops feature adoption tactics with support of Sales and the Product Management team
Coordinates training and education of customers to keep pace with new features and functionality
- Point Solutions Management: Manages point-solution initiatives to focus sales effort and to ensure the achievement of revenue and profit goals for specific solutions
Defines quarterly targets, metrics, go-to-market strategies and plans across Marketing, Sales, Product Development, and training to make sure that the company is equipped to meet plan targets and expectations
Acts as the expert on buyer personas at the solution level to enable effective marketing demand generation and sales conversion
Develops launch strategy and plans and coordinates execution of go-to-market programs with Outbound Marketing
Works with Outbound Marketing on the measurement of go-to-market programs
Collaborates with Product Management, Sales Operations, and sales training for successful sales roll-outs of sales enablement and support tools
- Product Marketing and Sales Consulting: Provides consulting and management support to marketing and sales areas, identifying emerging market opportunities
Develops product positioning and completes competitive analysis
Performs market and customer research
Understands and develops pricing and packaging strategies
Builds marketing and sales plans to penetrate market
Meets with customers in partnership with Product Management and Sales to explore market opportunities
Works with Marketing department to build marketing and sales collateral and webinar content and schedules
- Acts as the product evangelist, internally and externally, by supporting special sales calls or designated speaking engagements
What You'll Need:
B.A./B.S. degree in marketing, business, or similar area of study preferred
MBA or MA or equivalent scope of experience preferred
8+ years of experience in roles relating to product development, product marketing, product management, finance and accounting, audit, consulting, financial services, and product sales
Experience in finance and accounting, audit, consulting, financial services, or product sales
Ability to manage multiple teams
Ability to work directly with customers
Extraordinary listening and communication skills
Passion for products and discovering new features to meet market needs
Enjoys working with metrics and analytics that drive decision making
Experience in the technology sector preferred
Track record of building marketing and sales programs
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Where You'll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we've created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today's most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you'll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.