Cloud Cybersecurity Engineer
OBXtekFull time Full day
OBXtek Inc. is an established, award-winning, service disabled veteran owned business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. Our corporate growth has coincided with our investment in our employees as well as in outreach to our civilian and military community.
OBXtek is recruiting for a Cloud Cybersecurity Engineer for the Army Forces Command Data & Decision Sciences Division (AFC DDSD) in Austin, TX. In this AFC, uses the Modernization Application & Data Environment (MADE) in a managed service provider style model to enable subordinate elements throughout AFC to access commercial cloud services. AFC DDSD has primary responsibility for the provisioning and operating the shared common services, maintaining approved desired state configurations for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) deployments, operating and maintaining a central data warehouse capability, and maintaining the Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation for the commons services and environmental level accreditation in a manner that maximizes inheritance.
The Cloud Cybersecurity Engineer will:
- Be responsible for implementation of cybersecurity best practices based on comprehensive knowledge in DoD information and cybersecurity policies, practices, and legal requirements.
- Work knowledge of security scanning tools and coding best practices under Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) constructs.
- Proactively integrate security standards and best practices through all stages of development, to achieve compliance with applicable NIST and security regulatory standards and requirements.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Information Systems Security Managers (ISSMs), project team, leadership, and other stakeholders to plan, test, document, and obtain ATO for cloud systems and infrastructures.
- Design remediation for security issues and Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms) at the environment, platform, and application level.
- Be familiar with inheritable and hybrid control structures, and Continuous Authority to Operate (C-ATO) models.
- Mentor team members on best practices for avoiding security vulnerabilities in developed systems.
Potential CONUS Travel of 25%
Active Secret Clearance
Requires an Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other Scientific/Technical discipline
- 4 years of related cloud cybersecurity engineering work experience.
- Must meet IAT-II requirements as specified in DoD 8570.01-M; which includes CCNA Security, CSA+, GIC SP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers' knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.