StraumannFull time Full day
Ready to make an impact?
We develop, manufacture and supply dental implants, clear aligners, instruments, CADCAM prosthetics and biomaterials for use in esthetic dentistry, tooth replacement and restoration solutions or to prevent tooth loss.
We empower our employees to perform and make an impact, to question the status quo, to drive change, to stay ahead of the competition. From the first Dental Implant in 1974 to the latest Digital Solution – we do things differently than others
We deliver innovation based on evidence. This is part of our employer culture as well as an exceptional team spirit that truly encourages diversity and a powerful "can-do" attitude.
WeChangeDentistry every day. Be part of it.
This position provides strategic and operational direction to Straumann's North American Accounting Team. This position is responsible for all financial activities including the statutory closing, the IFRS closing, the internal control system, and performance management as well as compliance with all respective group standards and requirements.
The position reports directly to the Senior Director of Finance and assures checks and balances within the Finance Organization are in place. Additionally, this role will ensure pro-active coaching to all team members ensuring empowerment and accountability. The position also maintains strong links to the Corporate Finance Departments in HQ, North American subsidiaries and Senior Management.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including general ledger, accounts payable, cash applications and expense reimbursement.
- Responsible for timely and accurate monthly financial closing
- Research the proper IFRS approach to new and various transactions.
- Hire, supervise, train and mentor staff. Define staff roles and responsibilities, communicate performance standards, monitor quality of work product, and provide feedback to team members through individual and group meetings.
- Oversees the year-end external audit activities and any internal audits.
- Oversee the external audit planning and interface with the auditors as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement by focusing on standard, transparent processes.
- Continuously improve financial processes and templates.
Accounting, Treasury & Accounts Payable:
- Maintain and administer the general accounting systems, including upkeep of the general ledger for 3 legal entities in North America.
- Coordinate all month-end and year-end closing activities.
- Perform and/or review account reconciliations.
- Submit accurate and timely data for financial reporting purposes for entities in North America.
- Ensure compliance of accounting and financial reporting with IFRS and GAAP.
- Ensure internal controls are documented, monitored and adhered to.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives;
Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of month-end closing and experienced in reviewing and analyzing balance sheets.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP or IFRS.
- Requires a minimum of 7 years of total accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization
- Proficient larger ERP skills; SAP experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Other Candidate Experience Considerations
- Public accounting experience (a plus)
- Exact, accurate and reliable working style
- Proven leadership skills to lead local finance team
- A creative mindset geared toward developing and implementing solutions
- Succinct presentation skills, tailored for all levels of the organization
- Fact-oriented working style
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- General office environment. Higher stress may occur, especially during closing periods. No special physical demands required.
- Occasional travel (up to 2x/ year) should be expected, sometimes international (mainly to Europe).
What can you expect from us?
- An agile and ambitious environment: We are #ChangeMakers.
- Open, friendly colleagues who #collaborate and #support each other:
We are #Players+Learners.
- The #freedom to #create and #engage: You can leave your #FootprintInDentistry.
- An employer who invests in our #inspiring corporate #culture.
- The #opportunity to develop yourself as a person and in your #career. We #grow.
Attractive workplaces at great locations - We are a #GlobalPlayer.
- A good salary and many other cool #benefits (depending on location).
- To work for the No. 1 in #Dentistry and one of the leading #MedTech companies.
and many other things more!
What do people say about us as an employer?
See reviews on Indeed - Glassdoor
Stay tuned and connect with us!
@straumannjobs at LinkedIn - Xing - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Quora
Please understand that we do not need external support by recruiting agencies and consultants to fill this vacancy. Thank you for respecting this.