Seasonal Sous Chef - Lake Powell - Page, AZ
Aramark CorporationFull time Full day
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
We are seeking four Seasonal Sous Chefs to support multiple Food & Beverage outlets, within our Aramark operation at Lake Powell in Page, AZ. As Sous Chef, you will be the lead supervisor who is responsible for overseeing all of the culinary operations for the designated Food & Beverage outlet or location.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities;
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food;
- Select and develop recipes as well as standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality;
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus;
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensures proper safety and sanitation in kitchen;
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
- Supervises the training and cross-training of assigned kitchen personnel for various phases of food preparation.
- Liaises with other departments, ensuring communication and resolution of problems.
- Researches, recommends and implements new policies and procedures relating to food preparation.
- Sets short term goals for the preparation and presentation of food.
- Reports all maintenance and repair needs to Executive Sous Chef or Executive Chef
- Supervises, expedites and participates in assigned food preparation, in accordance with standards of quality, quantity, taste and presentation. Checks food for taste, temperature and visual appeal.
- Supervises the presentation and return of food.
- Stores food items in refrigeration boxes to prevent contamination
- Ensures the satisfaction of guest requests for special food items.
- Supervises the creation of attractive food displays.
- Attends Sous Chef meetings to ensure coordination of activities.
- Ensures assigned area is kept clean, stocked and maintained.
- Ensures compliance with departmental policies, rules and regulations.
- Ensures requisitions and food transfers are completed daily.
- Reviews recipe cards, and introduces and tests new items.
- Ensures purchasing and receiving procedures are followed.
- Ensures HCCAP Program is followed at all times and all HACCP logs are completed daily.
- Ensures cost control procedures are followed.
- Reviews production quantities, and verifies special food requests with Executive Chef.
- Ensures correct production count prior to functions by reviewing contracts and forecast sheets.
- Writes menus and recommendations to the Executive Chef for future months, holidays, special events and promotions.
- Ensures Quick Check System is used daily for all potentially hazardous food items.
- Complies with Aramark policies and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
NOTE: Free housing is provided for the Seasonal Sous Chef positions, as well as discounted meal programs.
- 2-3 years of related industry & culinary management/supervisory experience in high volume food service and restaurant operations.
- ServSafe Certification preferred.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession.
- This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or problems.
- Requires oral, reading and written communication skills.