Specialty Representative, GI
Nestle InternationalFull time Full day
Nestlé Health Science invests in every employee to make certain each person can reach their greatest potential and works in an environment rooted in respect, diversity and teamwork. We focus on empowering the patients and consumers we serve to live healthier lives through industry leading nutrition and nutrition-enabling solutions by keeping their needs at the center of everything we do. We make quality and innovation our highest priorities when delivering our trusted brands such as BOOST®, Carnation Breakfast Essential®, Peptamen®, Compleat Organic Blends®, Zenpep®, and many more.
We are a globally recognized leader in the field of nutrition science with our US headquarters in Bridgewater, NJ, and have over 5000 employees around the world. Come join the Nestlé Health Science family and experience exciting opportunities!
The Specialty Sales Representative is responsible for sales performance of the full portfolio within an assigned geographic territory through successful execution of marketing strategies. The role is responsible for growing business relationships with key decision makers and influencers. Responsible for focused detailing to specific targets with a carefully defined messaging strategy and call sequence, leveraging business and value solutions based on evidence, and outcome data, supporting the GI platform.
- Focus on driving growth among GI/Critical Care target specialists and new accounts. Meets/exceeds sales and profit objectives in assigned accounts.
- Educate targeted healthcare providers on the benefits of a novel GI therapy within assigned territory
- Understand the GI healthcare environment and appropriately execute the selling process in a manner that is concise, compliant, professional and persuasive; and which addresses a need and leads the customer to action.
- Develop and communicate deep scientific understanding of GI disorders, assigned, and competitive products within the GI marketplace
- Cultivate and maintain long-term business relationships with key accounts and key opinion leaders within the GI community
- Develop and implement a territory specific business plan and utilize all available resources to foster a successful sales environment
- Effectively convey complex clinical and reimbursement product information to key stakeholders in a highly competitive marketplace
- Execute a customer centric needs based selling approach with targeted Healthcare Providers
- Utilize the sales reporting systems on a regular basis for call preparation, to record and track sales activity and to gather market intelligence data.
- Organize meetings and deliver content to health care professionals on the topic of GI and nutrition aligned with tangible account objects and metrics as defined by the customer.
- Conduct promotional programs for both professional and patient audiences
- Attend local, regional and national meetings as directed
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years medical/clinical selling experience with demonstrated success in specialty medical products OR 5 years combined experience in sales with demonstrated success and clinical experience
- Consistently meets and exceeds sales targets
- Ability to develop solid and long-standing business relationships with strategic/targeted customers
- Demonstrated solid financial and analytical skills
- This position will require 25% or more travel to develop internal and external relationships (depending on geographical location)
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Degree in Business, Marketing or a Medical Science. MBA preferred
- Proven ability to make complex decisions when dealing with complexity and ambiguity
- Able to work in a fast paced and matrixed environment
- Ability to analyze internal and external trends and issues and take appropriate action
- Strong priority setting skills and timely decision making
- Strong presentation skills & written communications
- Microsoft Office, CRM/Veeva, Sales reporting technology skills