Think SurgicalFull time Full day
THINK Surgical, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets the only active robotic surgical systems for orthopedic surgery. The systems include two components: a 3D workstation for preoperative planning, and a computer assisted tool utilized for cavity and surface preparation for hip and knee replacement surgeries. The systems have been used in thousands of joint replacements worldwide
Job Summary: Robotics Engineer designing, developing, and implementing algorithms and software for robotic surgical tools.
Travel Requirements: This position may require less than 10% travel.
- Works in the software engineering team to develop real-time embedded software for robotic surgical tools.
- Takes on challenging problems in robot arm control and planning, calibration, and robot safety and reliability.
- Translates algorithms from academic papers into robust, production-quality code.
- Follows rigorous design control methodology including developing concise requirements specifications, architectural and detailed design, verification plans, and test cases.
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another related field.
- Must have 3+ years of practical and/or theoretical knowledge of at least two of the following concepts:
- Kinematics, dynamics, and control of multi-degree of freedom robot arms
- Robot arm modeling and calibration
- Trajectory generation and planning
- Strong understanding of hardware, software, and electromechanical system integration.
- Proficient with C++ and Python or MatLab
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
- Excellent communications and documentation skills.
- Medical instrument development (FDA design controls) and industry experience desired.
- Knowledge in QNX real time operating systems, QT, and VTK a plus.
- The ideal candidate has strong analytical and problem solving skills, commitment to quality and reliability, and a high level of creativity and self-motivation.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and applicable Quality System Standards.
THINK offers a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the advancement potential of an entrepreneurial company. We provide a competitive compensation package that includes comprehensive benefits, a company-matched 401k plan, and more. We strive to build the strongest and brightest teams in the industry. If you would like to work on tomorrow’s leading orthopedic solutions today, we would love to hear from you.
THINK is an equal opportunity employer that hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disabilities, veteran status, or sexual orientation.