Principal Specialist, Data Analytics
Boehringer IngelheimFull time Full day
Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont is the rapidly growing US arm of Boehringer Ingelheim's Biologics Business Unit. We are a fully integrated biologics operation with over 500 scientist and specialists, covering cutting edge early- to late stage CMC development, clinical and commercial drug substance and drug product manufacturing, medical device assembly for combination products and packaging operations.
We are continuing our rapid growth, investing over $200m into the expansion of our capacity and capabilities, and creating approximately 200 new jobs.
Driving this growth is an exciting pipeline of multiple Boehringer Ingelheim novel biologic entities (NBEs) and biosimilars, as well as, a growing diverse portfolio of therapeutics we develop and manufacture for other leading pharma and biotech companies. This includes multiple commercial product launches planned over the next couple of years, for which we can tap into Boehringer Ingelheim's unique experience of having brought 30 biologics to market globally.
Leveraging our diverse talent pool, we are also driving technology and innovation globally, through major investment and collaborations into next generation manufacturing platforms and technologies, which may change how biologics will be made in the future.
Whether we work on our own products, help partners to bring their products to market or innovate new technologies and approaches - Everything we do, we do to help patients!
As part of the matrix Global EMS (Electronic Management Systems) Data Management team, this role acts as the subject matter expert for the assessment, implementation, utilization and support of data analytics solutions at BI's Biopharma site in Fremont, California. This is a multi-disciplinary role that combines strong process knowledge in biopharmaceutical manufacturing, with system-technical and process data knowledge. It partners with business functions at the Fremont site in identifying opportunities where increased access to data can lead to improvements in business processes, and increase driving data-driven decision-making at the site. In order to ensure organizational learning a close connection, knowledge, and experience sharing with other Biopharma sites will take place.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leverage existing, build and integrate additional technical solutions to harness generated business data at the site.
- Increase adoption of data-driven decision making at the site.
- Develop and implement customer data sharing strategy at the site.
- Optimize business processes by enabling increased consumption of data.
- Partners with the global EMS Data Management and Digitalization programs with expertise and support in advancement of capabilities within the Bio BU.
- Regular collaboration with BI sites in Biberach and Vienna, and other BI sites as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Science, or IT-related field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a complex business environment, including three (3) years of experience performing complex data analysis, continuous improvement, and providing decision-making support.
- Experience in statistical analysis and statistical software (e.g. SAS, R)
- Strong programming and data processing knowledge (e.g. SQL, Python, Java)
- Experience in system analysis, design, and implementation
- Experience working in the biopharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Experience in statistical data analysis techniques in a biopharmaceutical operational environment including but not limited to processes in manufacturing, supply chain, and quality environments.
- Ability to mine complex data sets and provide insights. Develop strategic plans for adoption of enhanced data analytics, as well as providing hands-on experience with data analytics and big data techniques.
- Understanding and application of system-related compliance requirements, including GMPs, validation, and data integrity.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or locaI law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.