Retail Shift Supervisor
Goodwill Industries of Northern New EnglandFull time Full day
Goodwill Northern New England, a nonprofit social enterprise established in 1933.
For decades, Goodwill Northern New England has delivered workforce development and community inclusion services to people who struggle to find personal stability. Goodwill NNE provides direct employment opportunities through its retail and cleaning businesses in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont, as well as neuro rehabilitation services, residential programs, and day programming for adults with disabilities or deafness in Maine.
Our core beliefs guide our relationships with program participants, customers, employees – and the earth. We believe in generosity, opportunity, community, sustainability, and transparency. These beliefs guide us as we help people achieve personal stability and thrive as active, independent members in the communities we are all a part of.
Feel good about where you work!
Goodwill Northern New England is an influential social enterprise that creates jobs, delivers needed services for people with diverse challenges, and uses environmentally friendly products and processes — all while earning revenue to pay for and expand innovative workforce services in Maine, New Hampshire and northern Vermont. We operate retail stores, employment services, neuro rehabilitation centers, residences for people needing 24/7 support and cleaning/property services.
Goodwill Northern New England — good works here!
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- Medical, Vision, Dental & Flex Spending offered
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Paid Holidays
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Valuable job training with growth potential
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
Starting at: $13.00 per hour depending on experience!
- Assists the Store Manager and the Assistant Store Manager with management retail store operations. Assumes full responsibility for all store operations in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- Help customers locate merchandise, answer questions etc.
- Relieve sales associates at peak times
- Listen to customer complaints, examine returned merchandise, and resolve problems
- Stocks shelves, counters, bins and racks with merchandise
- Processes customer sales using a cash register and other equipment
- Receives donations, provides donation receipts and assists donors
- Closes registers: totals/summarizes funds received, endorses checks, prepares bank deposit slip
- Deposits funds at a bank.
- Assists w/performance management and hiring process (documentation, interviewing, reviews, etc.)
- Assists Store Managers w/ general store management/operations
- Open/close store; secures all store premises including building where applicable
- Maintain store premises
- Supervise personnel in absence of Managers
- Valid driver’s license permitting operation of a vehicle with a safe driving record
- Criminal background check that meets Agency standards
- The ability to: sit, stand, bend, reach, and lift. Ability to push/pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
- 1+ years of supervisor experience
- 1+ years of retail experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic retail practices and procedures
- High School Diploma/GED
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.