Center Store Manager- Hannaford
Delhaize AmericaFull time Full day
Job Title: Center Store Manager
Responsible for all duties and tasks associated with the Assistant Store Manager's job description in their absence. Manage performance of all duties and responsibilities of Center Store associates assigned and effectively manage Center Store operations to meet financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy. Maintain solid communications with all Center Store associates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage Center Store department operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
- Manage performance through planning, coaching, appraisals, and disciplinary efforts.
- Hire, train and develop associates to meet the department needs.
- Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associates' needs.
- Use good judgement in the delegation, assignment, and follow-up required for the efficient performance of the department.
- Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect. Provide recognition of accomplishments and offer constructive counseling when necessary.
- Conduct performance appraisals on all assigned associates according to company standards.
- Foster a positive and inclusive environment to retain associates and customers.
- Role model outstanding friendly customer service.
- Assist in attaining financial objectives.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed as outlined.
- Maintain solid communications with the management team, all associates in the department and throughout the organization.
- Ensure the maintenance of the department's appearance and presentation.
- Ensure quality conditions of all products through proper rotation.
- Ensure operational and merchandising standards are followed to maximize profitability.
- Understand the potential causes and means for resolving and limiting inventory shrink issues within the Center store operation.
- Understand and use company tools such as; MPP, financial reports, scheduling, ordering and business information systems.
- Have a total understanding of the Center Store training guides as well as all standard practices.
- May act as the Center Store Trainer or point person for all assigned trainees.
- Ensure all department associates' are properly trained.
- Observe and ensure compliance with company sanitation, safety, and food safety standards.
- Treat all store information as strictly confidential.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
A high school graduate or equivalent preferred. Strong understanding of Store Operations and Center Store Merchandising Techniques preferred. Effective interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as effective communication and customer service skills. Desire and ability to lead and manage a team. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Ability to use technical information to solve problems. Ability and availability to work a schedule that meets business needs. Must meet minimum age requirements. Must be accredited by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals or similar accrediting organization as a "Certified Food Safety Manager" or will be required to attend company provided training and have the ability to achieve accreditation within the first 90 days of employment. Accreditation must be maintained while employed in a position requiring accreditation.
- Lift up to 20 lbs. regularly, including overhead lifting, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally. Push/pull up to 40 lbs. regularly.
- Meet established volume/activity standards.
- Stand or walk 100% of the time.
- Frequent reaching, grasping and lifting individual stock items below waist level or above shoulder level.
- Frequent bending, kneeling and squatting.
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials and food products.
- Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
- Ability to use computers, calculators and communication systems required to perform the job functions.