Hourly Supervisor & Training
Wal-MartFull time Full day
Are you looking for a job that offers more responsibility, more pay, and more opportunity? As an hourly supervisor, you are responsible for an entire area of the store. Sales associates in your area will look to you for leadership, direction, training, and support. You are accountable for merchandise availability, department standards, and financial performance of your area.
But you're not in it alone. You'll have the full support of your fellow department managers, assistant managers, and store manager. Plus, we offer additional specialized training through local Walmart Academies to teach you everything from leadership skills to running your department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure customer satisfaction by greeting and answering their questions
- Tour your department to ensure it meets our customers' expectations
- Work hand-in-hand with sales associates to get the job done
- Prepare and plan for upcoming events that will impact your department
- Ability to communicate, take direction at all levels, and turn it into action
- Use basic math skills to maintain accurate inventory levels
- Supervisory experience or experience in a retail environment preferred
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.