Consulting Utility Forester
Acrt, Inc.Full time Full day
This work you would be performing is currently considered essential work under the Governor's "Stay at Home" Executive Order.
Enjoy working outdoors? Would you like to gain some experience in Forestry? ACRT Pacific is currently seeking energetic entry-level professionals who enjoy working outdoors. This is a full-time opportunity for individuals who are looking to gain some Forestry experience. Our Consulting Utility Foresters are ideal for professionals with an educational background in forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, biology, environmental studies, conservation, or related disciplines and who would like to gain experience in these fields and line of work.
Our Foresters patrol for hazard trees, perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines. They also assist in the submitting inspection results to clients with recommendations.
This position is for the Routine projects in the California area.
- Flexibility for overnight travel is required
- A 2 or 4-year degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Biology or Environmental studies; Or currently enrolled in a Forestry/Environmental program preferred
- Ability to identify local trees and knowledge of growth rates desired
- Ability to work independently, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Ability to read and follow maps
- Valid Driver License and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- ACRT Pacific offers competitive wages and excellent benefits
- Employees become owners and receive company stock after 1 yr
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
- ACRT Pacific is 100% employee-owned; it's not just a job…it's YOUR Company!!!
- ACRT Pacific offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families.
- Group Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
- Employee Referral Program